Chin up, Reach indifference

Gt.ooh

Hey everyone.

Been pretty busy the last few days. Work, adopted a dog, looking into a new truck. Life is going pretty good. Have a sushi date this weekend... I have aches and mental pains from time to time, but it's most likely due to the fact she's in town this week.

I wanted to use my experience now, for all the new guys/gals and some of the ppl that have been along for the ride with me..

First off, We are not Alone! All of us on here are seeking for advice and shoulders to lean on so to speak. Use it to your advantage and Listen to what we all have to say. Also take the time to read peoples situations, and you will find someone who is worse off than you. SO chin up, and go into the next stage: It could be worse!

Secondly, the quicker we reach indifference, the quicker you let go. Trust me when I say let go. Since we are the dumpee now, we cannot control what the other person is doing/will do. Save yourself the mental stress and get busy busy.

Third, DO NOT CONTACT!! I mean it! I myself am still guilty of making contact.. sometimes for the condo issues I need resolved, and I'll throw in a little message. My nature is to not leave things on bad terms no matter the situation..It urks me. BUT if you're stronger than I am, please do me a favour and just do not contact.

Lastly, and please add..let's make this a positive post...Love you for YOU. Pretend your back to life before the ex, and get back to basics. Definitely, hit the gym. Releases anger, anxiety, and best of all improves you. You definitely feel really good after a workout. It wouldn't hurt to splurge on yourself too.. She cleaned me right out, but I'm working again making pretty good money, and I don't care what anyone says but I'm looking into a newer truck. I deserve something nice! Whatever makes you happy go out and get it!

Take care, we're all here for each other. Posting here has made my cope sooo much better.

Cheers.

Secondly, the quicker we reach indifference, the quicker you let go. Trust me when I say let go. Since we are the dumpee now, we cannot control what the other person is doing/will do. Save yourself the mental stress and get busy busy.

This is key. Understanding that you can't control everything is an important step to recovery and eventual happiness. Accepting change for what it is. Nothing is permanent, even relationships. The good times won't always last, but take comfort in knowing that the bad times won't last either.

• Author
This is key. Understanding that you can't control everything is an important step to recovery and eventual happiness. Accepting change for what it is. Nothing is permanent, even relationships. The good times won't always last, but take comfort in knowing that the bad times won't last either.

Shayan: Thanks! It's nice to hear from another person that I've actually been making some progress.. It's been really slow, but that glimmer of light is now beginning to show itself.

Ajax, couldn't be more right. I've noticed your posts are said with much wisdom now. Your taking the high road just like me.

I did send an email yesterday, we had insurance issues. I blurted out a few things, just left the door open for better communication in the future. I felt it was the right time as she actually said "hi" to start an email.. instead of an instant rant.

So I'm almost at indifference. I could care less if she ever sends another email, txt, anything.. but I feel good knowing I haven't done anything to deserve how I've been treated.

Good thread man.

I'm ****ing angry at my ex. But I want to reach indifference because that's truly letting go.

I love LS and this board :D

It seems like one of the most important things to do after break up is to buy a new car :) well, for guys anyways.

The friend I know bought a new car after his gf dumped him, I did the same... Yup, definitely makes a man happy(er)

Heatemyheart89

Great post!the important thing to realise is you will reach indifference I'm nearly at the stage of total indifference.my ex still texts me occasionally and I really do think boring!!!I'm so bored of it now and him!I just think why did I even care!

• Author

thatsonly: Indeed lol! Getting a dog for me has helped tremendously aswell. Moving onward and forward at full steam.

Awesome everyone, glad we're all beginning to see the light, and it's getting much brighter by the day. Indifference truly is letting go.