"That" day is coming

Username37

"That" day = November 14th. The day my ex and I got together 2 years ago.

It was a first love. It was so different and so strong. No baggage, everything was new and everything was great. Felt like it was gonna last.

Then time flew by, had our ups and downs and in May she dumps me in the worst kind of way. She did it through the phone and said the typical dumper lines, which at the time comforted me....until I found LS and I realized how full of **** she was.

I've been through so much since May. I remember a few threads back, I made a time line of everything that happened and i looked at it and was surprised how I survived.

But that day is coming up and it's just hurting me. It's so special, to the both of us and now she's probably not giving two ****s about it, probably because she has a new boy. But for some strange reason, I have a feeling she's gonna break contact that day. ...but really, what's there to say? Happy 14th? **** no.

So what so I do when "that" day comes? I know it's gonna bug me throughout the day.

It's just another day dude. If you count all the anniversaries then there won't be any days left in the year. First time you met her, first date, first kiss, first sex, first holiday together, birthday, mum's birthday, almost every day in the year is the anniversary of something. Now they are all equally meaningless.

Get some mates round, a crate of beer, and a movie with lots of gratuitous violence and nudity. I recommend Death Race 2000, a classic with David Carradine and Sly Stallone!

stopthemadness
"That" day = November 14th. The day my ex and I got together 2 years ago.

It was a first love. It was so different and so strong. No baggage, everything was new and everything was great. Felt like it was gonna last.

Then time flew by, had our ups and downs and in May she dumps me in the worst kind of way. She did it through the phone and said the typical dumper lines, which at the time comforted me....until I found LS and I realized how full of **** she was.

I've been through so much since May. I remember a few threads back, I made a time line of everything that happened and i looked at it and was surprised how I survived.

But that day is coming up and it's just hurting me. It's so special, to the both of us and now she's probably not giving two ****s about it, probably because she has a new boy. But for some strange reason, I have a feeling she's gonna break contact that day. ...but really, what's there to say? Happy 14th? **** no.

So what so I do when "that" day comes? I know it's gonna bug me throughout the day.

Ya its gona be hard but dont do or say anything. Shes moved on my brokenhearted friend and so should you. My ex is seeing someone else and it sucks! Ive met someone too but only a few weeks ago. Weve met a few times hes a nice man, but I want to take it VERY slow. I know Iam not over my ex and dont want to ruin this in case this guy turns out to be someone special. So ya dont call, email ,text or anything on that day. Go have a drink(smile) good luck....
  • Author

Thanks for the advice everyone. If I didn't find this website, God knows what would've happened to me.

Right now, I'm listening to some good Ol Simon and Garfunkel. Frickin love the Boxer haha

• Author

Ughh, I'm hurting now.

Today, she was on my mind all day. I was wondering if she remembered or even cared. Seems like she doesn't.

Ughh, I'm hurting now.

Today, she was on my mind all day. I was wondering if she remembered or even cared. Seems like she doesn't.

I care, Username37. I care.

• Author
I care, Username37. I care.

I'm glad that you do.

Not many do care about my situation. It's surprising that the people who care are people that I never met before.

I'm glad that you do.

Not many do care about my situation. It's surprising that the people who care are people that I never met before.

We're all experiencing similar things. We're all still healing and trying to move on.

Specific dates hold meaning to us. Yesterday is was three months to the day since my ex broke up with me. That date mattered. I wonder every day if she still cares.

For you the date that matters is 11/14. Did your ex think about you? She probably did. But what would have happened if she'd contacted you? She wouldn't have asked to get back together with you, she has a BF. It would just have opened up the old wounds more than now.