Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Sonolumino

The title pretty much sums it up. I'm tired of being depressed and numb to the world. I feel like I'll never be happy or sad ever again. I feel like this will never end and I'll just float aimlessly throughout the world. My body and mind have said "please, enough with this", but some part of me wants to feel pain for it. I have no idea why. I'm tired of punishing myself for it.

chocolate_boy
The title pretty much sums it up. I'm tired of being depressed and numb to the world. I feel like I'll never be happy or sad ever again. I feel like this will never end and I'll just float aimlessly throughout the world. My body and mind have said "please, enough with this", but some part of me wants to feel pain for it. I have no idea why. I'm tired of punishing myself for it.

I know how you feel, I've been like that for a month or two, just no motivation to do anything, but eventually I forced myself. Dragged myself out of bed with every fibre of my being, forced down a strong coffee and got on with the things I'd been putting off. Mundane tasks like taxes/bank, exercising, cleaning my house. I realised she isn't sitting around depressed over me, so why should I waste my precious life over her?

My body and mind have said "please, enough with this", but some part of me wants to feel pain for it. I have no idea why. I'm tired of punishing myself for it.

I have been where you are and MCGrupp posted this clip on one of my threads and today I would like to share this with someone else...

As everyone says only time makes all wounds heal, however I think that time only plays a part when we decide to move forward...

• Author

smk, Thank you. Honestly I watched that three times. I've never seen that movie either. I think that's exactly right. "You miss the pain because you miss her, you lived with it for so long". Excellent words right there.

no worries buddy - as i said it helped me and i am glad to pass the knowledge i got onto someone else - and hopefully one day you will pass it onto another so that the fraternity may continue to serve its purpose (i.e. help the broken hearted heal) - LOL... (sorry am in a random mood today)...

anyways try and watch the movie - it did me a lot of good and shockingly so did 500 days of summer especially the end bit - it had a little bit of an opposite effect on me where it made me realise that me and the ex just werent meant to be...

take care buddy and over time things will get better - focus on yourself...

Good news! I can say from past break-ups - which I went through on these forums - that if you're getting "sick" of feeling numb, then you're healing.

Its like your body is finally done with being sad all the time, and you're processing how to feel other emotions again.