What are some good movies while coping?

Gypsy_Soul

Just wondering what are some good movies while one is coping to watch? I can't watch any love or romance comedies. It seems almost all movies have love in them.

Anything with Jason Statham in it? You probably already think he's hot and it's fun watching him kick the crap out of people :D I also recommend the Planet Earth series by BBC - I tended to forget about what was going on with me and appreciate this world more, the scenery is amazing!

Hopelesslyforgotten

Right now, horror movies have been the ones for me, I love them and they rarely have love stories in them.

When my ex and I split, the only damn preview on tv was for the movie 'Going the Distance'...and my ex and I were long distance...and seeing that preview just literally sickened me every time..

Swingers is a classic "moving on" movie. They're not really "swinging," they just think they're the ****. I recomend it highly to everyone.

Other than that I've been watching typical "guy" movies. A couple Bond films, all six Star Wars movies (they take me back to a more innocent time) and for some reason I've watched the Dark Knight three times. I wouldn't necessarily consider them coping movies, but I'm watching them while I cope...

Just wondering what are some good movies while one is coping to watch? I can't watch any love or romance comedies. It seems almost all movies have love in them.

The Kill Bill movies. Lots of kick a** fighting and tough women beating the sh*t out of everyone. Plus the last scene in the last movie, where she finally kills Bill is so good. I love those movies.:p

The Kill Bill movies. Lots of kick a** fighting and tough women beating the sh*t out of everyone. Plus the last scene in the last movie, where she finally kills Bill is so good. I love those movies.:p

BEAT ME TO IT!

Obviously I second Kill Bill. Tarantino is god. Also Swingers is a GREAT one.

High Fidelity and Fight Club are a good watch.

BEAT ME TO IT!

Obviously I second Kill Bill. Tarantino is god. Also Swingers is a GREAT one.

High Fidelity and Fight Club are a good watch.

Hahahahaha not many girls like the Kill Bill movies, but I sure do. They are awesome. I haven't seen Swingers. I should rent it. I've seen bits and pieces of High Fidelity. I should rent that one as well. And of course I've seen Fight Club because Brad Pitt is hot in it:D

Swingers is definitely a must see for any recovering person. I vividly remember watching it after my breakup with my ex-fiance three years ago.

I also found the comedies from my high school days, Blues Brothers, Airplane, Caddyshack, etc to be very helpful. I laughed and it took me back to a great period in my life.

Someone mentioned 500 Days of Summer *shudders* I watched that with my ex so I don't think I could cope with a film about unrequited love from a male perspective, especially now!

Blues Brothers! - great choice. I just watched In Bruges and loved it, but I think it's one for the boys (maybe not entirely though, Colin Farrel is in it if that helps).

Watch Donnie Darko and then spend a couple of hours afterwards trying to figure it out.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. "We had two bags of grass..."

You could watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (if you're a masochist).

Little Miss Sunshine always makes me smile. Alan Arkin is tremendous!

Someone mentioned 500 Days of Summer *shudders* I watched that with my ex so I don't think I could cope with a film about unrequited love from a male perspective, especially now!

Yeeeeah sorry, I should've re-read the original post about no lovey movies... I guess I was in a neutral-ish place when i saw that movie because instead of making me sad, it made me realise that some people just aren't meant to me...but I can see it having the opposite effect!

Yeeeeah sorry, I should've re-read the original post about no lovey movies... I guess I was in a neutral-ish place when i saw that movie because instead of making me sad, it made me realise that some people just aren't meant to me...but I can see it having the opposite effect!

Ha ha, don't worry about it, just DON'T mention it again :D I think I'd have more fun paper-cutting my balls than watching that right now.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy could be an option. By the time you get through that you will have gotten over your ex, met someone else, got married, started and family and retired to the country with a couple of labradors and a dodgy hip.

Ha ha, don't worry about it, just DON'T mention it again :D I think I'd have more fun paper-cutting my balls than watching that right now.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy could be an option. By the time you get through that you will have gotten over your ex, met someone else, got married, started and family and retired to the country with a couple of labradors and a dodgy hip.

Hahahahahaha this post made me laugh:laugh:

1. Swingers

2. High Fidelity

3. Forgetting Sarah Marshal

4. When Harry met Sally

5. Gladiator

6. Braveheart

7. Fatal Attraction (just for me to count my blessings :))

8. Rudy

9. Goodfellas

10. A Bronx Tale

:eek: omg you ruined the ending!!!

not for me though since i've seen them, lol

Swingers, The Diving Bell and The Butterfly, Toy Story 3, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Groundhog Day, Oldboy, City of God, It's a Wonderful Life, Life is Beautiful, Up, Magnolia, Annie Hall, Cool Hand Luke, Amores Perros..

I could go on. :)

Admittedly, some of the above films have a romantic element but most are about triumph over adversity.

x

:eek: omg you ruined the ending!!!

not for me though since i've seen them, lol

Sorry! Hahahahaha I didn't even think about it.:eek: I love those movies.

Another good movie is the new Robin Hood movie. I think it's got a love story in it, however, I love that time period and loved the movie.

Even though it's a romantic comedy, "Someone Like You." Gives you hope when you're down. :)

THERE'S ONLY ONE WORD

ONE WORD THAT WILL CHANGE THE WORLD. "YES"

SAY YES TO LIFE

"Yes man" starring Jim Carey :)

Yes to "Yes Man" because of Zooey Deschanel.....yummy :)

An old movie starring Paul Newman (1977 I think) called "The Verdict" About a drunk washed up lawyer who finally gets a case that can turn his life around, I wont tell you the rest, but it's one of my all time favorites.

An old movie starring Paul Newman (1977 I think) called "The Verdict" About a drunk washed up lawyer who finally gets a case that can turn his life around, I wont tell you the rest, but it's one of my all time favorites.

Great movie.