"What goes around comes around"... true?

BeagleGal

You've heard this saying many times, I've said it myself countless times as well.

When someone makes you believe you're the one, makes promises of a future and puts you on this pedestal only to betray you, rip your heart out and cause you unimaginable pain for their own selfish reasons, do they get "punished" for that?

Regarding my exSO/breakup, I've had many people tell me:

- Karma's a bitch

- What goes around comes around

- He's going to get what's coming to him

- You reap what you sow - he'll get what he deserves

With people like my ex who are users, liars, cheaters, manipulators... do they get a taste of their own medicine? Is there such thing as "karmic retribution"?

Karma occurs at the moment someone does the same exact thing to them and they realize how much it hurts. Then they try and get you back, but are hit with indifference. There's not a worse feeling in the world.

Yes, I believe in Karma of sorts...I don't think you can go around being a douche, a dick, and ashole, etc without getting it back. Unfortunately, people who are able to treat other people or things like sht usually don't see it as 'karma', its usually 'oh the world is against me!', KWIM? Like, Karma is nice for the hurt when the person who did them over doesn't even see that the messed up things happening to them is because they're pieces of sht.

I do have a story that my best girlfriend LOVES:

Her and this guy have been on & off for a little over a year...mostly because he's in, then he's out; in then out...and she, for whatever reason sorta sits on the sidelines for him while living her own life. He's always known this, so he'd break things off w her to hook up w someone else. Then, when that relationship didn't work, he'd go running back to my friend. They stopped having contact for a couple months because he moved in w another woman. Just a couple weeks ago, he calls her 'to tell her something important'. His story was that the new woman he moved in w found out he was seeing another woman via FB...she dumped protein powder all over his clothes after getting them wet, then took a metal bat to his 52' LCD and him. Basically went bat sht crazy on him. My friend got the biggest kick out of it because its just desserts for this guy. Unfortunately, he did the douche thing and plead 'why me?!!', but nonetheless...GREAT karma!

Haha. I'd love to hear more stories of people who have experienced this.

Honestly its the only thing that keeps me quiet instead of lashing out at my ex. They can't just walk on free to find the love of their life after leaving such devastation behind, can they?

Nikki Sahagin

I don't know really. I suppose you are talking about situations where an ex has done something horrific. My ex wasn't nice to me towards the end, but I still wish no bad karma upon him, though I do hope he realises he was in the wrong at the time, and maybe only karma can achieve that sense of revelation.

LoveTruthChaos

Karma comes in threes, good or bad.

When I broke up with my first boyfriend, I was young, had never been heartbroken, and had no idea how to do it tactfully. I probably hurt him a lot with some of the things I said when I ended the relationship, but then, he was no saint either (lots of emotional blackmail, and I HAD to get out).

I have since had my heart broken once by a crush (who did it tactfully), one by another crush who was a bastard about it, and now by my recent ex (which is the worst one of them all because we were in a LTR).

I believe I've done my time now.

Now onto my ex. There's a lot of bullets that he's dodged twice (not necessarily people, but experiences), and hey - third time's always a charm :)

• Author

Same here. And like you Div, its the only thing that keeps me from lashing out at my ex as well.

I dont wish any harm come to my ex, but because he's such a heartless as*hole who for some reason has been getting away with bad behavior, I think its time he's taught a lesson and feels hurt and pain like he's done his first son's mom, another ex girl, me and most likely his new wife (the girl he cheated on me with).

I'd hate to think he'd sail smooth thru life without experiencing something devastating. He's left such a path of destruction over the years with women, its high time he pays for his bad actions.

Haha. I'd love to hear more stories of people who have experienced this.

Honestly its the only thing that keeps me quiet instead of lashing out at my ex. They can't just walk on free to find the love of their life after leaving such devastation behind, can they?

• Author

Yes, only when an ex has done something so hurtful and mean. When I was married years ago, and I split from my exH, at no time did I want him to be "taught a lesson" or anything like that. He was a bit of as*hole but nothing to the extent of my recent exSO. I only wished my exH well and hope that he in time healed from whatever it was he was going through. Now, he's remarried, has a baby boy and seems happy and I'm happy for him!

My exSO, however, totally different story. He's a snake. And like I said in another post here, I dont wish harm on him - like I dont want him to get hurt or die or anything like that at all - but I dont think someone like him who is so selfish, deceitful and heartless should have it easy in life.

I don't know really. I suppose you are talking about situations where an ex has done something horrific. My ex wasn't nice to me towards the end, but I still wish no bad karma upon him, though I do hope he realises he was in the wrong at the time, and maybe only karma can achieve that sense of revelation.