It was today that I realized that the love of my life no longer loved me.

Immortal No More

Immortal No More

It was today that I realized that the love of my life no longer loved me. She has been seeing someone else, and told me she loves him and that we cant talk anymore. I am dying inside over and over knowing that I will never trust a woman again. I can only hope that by the time I die, I will be able to forgive her.

You are obviously speaking from a lot of pain. Give yourself time to heal. You don't have to burn down the whole tree just because one apple had a worm in it.

• Author
Immortal No More

We met online on a game called Ultima Online, we played this game and fell in love over the past 4 years, and now she doesnt want me anymore....it is a lot of pain, but I have never had a relationship work so well.

Getting over a relationship that you've invested your time, heart, and emotions in is never an easy thing to do. I'm in the process of ending a 23 year marriage. It was not an easy decision to make, but it is the best thing for me right now. Even though I know this, I still mourn for the loss of what could have been, yet was not to be. You can get through this, and possibly become a stronger, more sensitive and compassionate person in the process. (Not to imply that you aren't now, of course.) Then perhaps someday when you're ready you'll find the woman you were truly meant to be with. I wish you the best.

my_mother's_daughter

I absolutely love the tree-apple analogy, great :)

It's so hard to accept something like this, I can really feel your pain. The best advice I can give is probably something which won't help right now, but it's amazing how time helps to heal. Life will go one, you WILL love again. You will eventually trust again, but your experience has effected a change in your outlook which is unfortunate, but is one you which will dimish in its intensity over time.

What has been said already is, of course, true. I suggest that you immerse yourself in something that you enjoy. I would also suggest that, for the time being, that you participate in an activitiy that the both of you didn't do together. If you met in Ultima then perhaps you might move to Neverwinter Nights or something like that. Maybe even take up an "out of the house" activity like bowling where other people are around.

We've all (mostly) been down the road that you're on, and others may have other suggestions than mine. I'm just sharing what has worked for me in the past. Good luck!

• Author
Immortal No More

There are only about 5 people that I trust. My mom, dad, brother, girl who screwed me over, and maybe one of my close friends...besides that, I dont trust very easily....and now with this, I wont trust again for a long time.

As for the other game idea, im so addicted to UO, that they should call it Crack Part 2....lol. I can at least laugh now, and I lost my urges to do drugs again.