I'm very shaken

iwanttolive

iwanttolive

Hi LS, I'm shaken and trembling now. I ran into an ex whom I hate very much even though we have broken up for about 2 years. He's working in the same building as I am!!!

He used to shout verbal abuse at me and slighted me. After he dumped me, I wished him a karma, like he got into accidents or something. He told me today that his wife had miscarried twice. Suddenly all the memories rushed back and I'm very very afraid my current loving fiance would leave me... :(

BubbleFreak
It's quite irrational to think that his wife's misfortune would cause your fiance to leave you.

Agreed.

OP, you could think of it this way. Every time you see your ex, you can count your lucky stars you have someone a zillion times better than he ever was. And he's not going anywhere.

Hi LS, I'm shaken and trembling now. I ran into an ex whom I hate very much even though we have broken up for about 2 years. He's working in the same building as I am!!!

He used to shout verbal abuse at me and slighted me. After he dumped me, I wished him a karma, like he got into accidents or something. He told me today that his wife had miscarried twice. Suddenly all the memories rushed back and I'm very very afraid my current loving fiance would leave me... :(

This reminds me of the saying “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”

I think you are feeling the gist of this and the guilt and fear that because you had wished bad on your ex, and it happened....that you will perhaps be punished and it will come back to you.

You create what you fear....so perhaps worrying about your fiance leaving you will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It is your own conscience that is eating at you. My suggestion would be to admit the truth that you did wish for these things and are fearful, ask for forgiveness for them and try to put positive thoughts out there about your ex and your own situation.

If you have not forgiven him to this day, the feelings you are feeling now are probably an indicator that something is amiss...and all is not well and you have unresolved issues of resentment that you need to get over before getting married to someone else.

I think it is good that you feel this way, so that you can actually address your fears and issues. So take this time to do so. Good luck!