This ever happen to anyone?

xx.Kael.xx

You start seeing things on tv, radio, stores...anywhere, that instantly remind you of your ex? Just the weirdest of things. Why does it happen, and how can I deal with it? Ps...what are the chances of her still thinking about me?

You start seeing things on tv, radio, stores...anywhere, that instantly remind you of your ex? Just the weirdest of things. Why does it happen, and how can I deal with it? Ps...what are the chances of her still thinking about me?

A break-up is traumatic, and any time we experience trauma our body goes into fight or flight response. Part of the response is our mind obsessively looking to a solution, it looks for pattern to to make sense of the situation. So the brain jumps on any reminder for it seeing them as a possible path back to security.

Best way to deal with it is not easy but simple, acknowledge the reminder and then think of something else.

Chance of her thinking of you, it does not matter, she is no longer in your life. Have you read:

The No Contact Guide

So you want a second chance?

It will help. Hang in there, work at it and it gets better.

Yep.

TV Shows: Friends (her favorite), King of the Hill, Family Guy, Grey's Anatomy, Glee, The Office

Radio: Some Sirius station that plays the new indie rock stuff.

Stores: Toys R Us (We use to goof off there), Borders, Target, and Apple Stores.

Some other stuff: Water, some of my t-shirts, shoe laces, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, black Santa Fes. Gah so much stuff! It's a killer.

I personally think when they see that stuff, she's remember me, but it's not to the point where they'll contact me and break down. Maybe just a small smile...

skydiveaddict

Yes this happens to me all the time. I dont think there is much you can do about it. It's just about missing someone. Hang tough

hurt and devastated

The first time I went to the mall after my wife and me split it was almost crippling. There are TV shows I can't watch, songs I can't listen to, even the smell of the perfume she wears kills me. Eventually it won't be as bad. Getting to that point is the hard part.