A quick vent ...

thatguy100

It's been 5 months since our break up, a year and a half relationship and she just seems to be giving off slight mixed signals. In these 5 months we have gotten together a hand full of times just to catch up, since when we broke up we made a promise to each other not to lose contact. We get together on her choice just so you know, I usually check if I am free. We usually just talk about life, I tend to stay away from talking about our relationship (due to the fact we both agreed it would bring up old emotions and also that secretly I kinda want to move on because I am deeply hurt by her choice of leaving me and I can distract myself by not talking about it). But she has recently started talking about different things about our relationship, like how we use to go for walks and I couldn't keep my eye's off her and stuff like that. Also and here is what is bothering me the most, we have gotten into about 5 arguments over basically nothing. One being just that I was trying to hard to be funny around her and that I try hard around her to be funny or silly or goofy. When really I am not trying to do that. That passes after we both agree to drop it since both of us wouldn't move on who was right or wrong. Our next argument is a single day of two separate arguments. One being that I was just heading out to go to the store to pick stuff up for lunch and I had not gotten a message from her in 30 mins on Skype, so I said "I can tell that your busy ... so I am just going to go for a bit to go get some stuff for lunch ... ttyl". She got mad at me and said "Don't even think that I am not trying to talk to you ... you can just go and get your lunch or you can stay and talk to me". Then latter that day she again was talking to me and being very friendly, she was not feeling well and telling me about it, so I said "Why don't you take some advil which can get rid of that head ache of yours?" ... she goes off on a rant "Do you think I have not thought of that? I can see what my mother is saying about you and how you say stuff thinking that people have not thought of it. Man you make me feel like such a fool sometimes when you say stuff like that". So I tired to explain to her its a way of showing to people that they care, but I gave up and we both just stopped and continued to be friendly.

I don't get why she is coming off so harsh towards me, why is she acting like this? Has anyone else experienced something like this?

It's been 5 months since our break up, a year and a half relationship and she just seems to be giving off slight mixed signals. In these 5 months we have gotten together a hand full of times just to catch up, since when we broke up we made a promise to each other not to lose contact. We get together on her choice just so you know, I usually check if I am free. We usually just talk about life, I tend to stay away from talking about our relationship (due to the fact we both agreed it would bring up old emotions and also that secretly I kinda want to move on because I am deeply hurt by her choice of leaving me and I can distract myself by not talking about it). But she has recently started talking about different things about our relationship, like how we use to go for walks and I couldn't keep my eye's off her and stuff like that. Also and here is what is bothering me the most, we have gotten into about 5 arguments over basically nothing. One being just that I was trying to hard to be funny around her and that I try hard around her to be funny or silly or goofy. When really I am not trying to do that. That passes after we both agree to drop it since both of us wouldn't move on who was right or wrong. Our next argument is a single day of two separate arguments. One being that I was just heading out to go to the store to pick stuff up for lunch and I had not gotten a message from her in 30 mins on Skype, so I said "I can tell that your busy ... so I am just going to go for a bit to go get some stuff for lunch ... ttyl". She got mad at me and said "Don't even think that I am not trying to talk to you ... you can just go and get your lunch or you can stay and talk to me". Then latter that day she again was talking to me and being very friendly, she was not feeling well and telling me about it, so I said "Why don't you take some advil which can get rid of that head ache of yours?" ... she goes off on a rant "Do you think I have not thought of that? I can see what my mother is saying about you and how you say stuff thinking that people have not thought of it. Man you make me feel like such a fool sometimes when you say stuff like that". So I tired to explain to her its a way of showing to people that they care, but I gave up and we both just stopped and continued to be friendly.

I don't get why she is coming off so harsh towards me, why is she acting like this? Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Just don't talk to her. She just wants your attention for her own ego. Let her be and try to heal yourself.