Shall I send birthday card/present or no?

Basicly it's the ex's birthday on Friday, I already had some of her presents etc started buying them last month,then she broke up with me anyway was planning on just giving them her and the card anyway ( changed the card as it was a bit of a Lovy one) I also have a letter I was going to put in, decided I'm not putting the letter in now iv read it back and I know she will take it the wrong way and it will do me no good anyway

But a few people say I should just leave it all together don't even wish her happybirthday!, shes having a big party Friday swell one witch alot of people I know will be going so I'm staying off facebook for a week or so I can't bear to see in my news feed every 5 mins more pictures/ status about it etc

• Author

Yea I was,then we split up the day after it was all finalised a couple of weeks ago missed out on loads I was looking forward to with her graduation,party,summer holiday

Don't do it. No card, no gift, no email, no text message, no phone call. NC.

Last week, I sent my ex of a year a short birthday email...breaking over 10 months of NC...we chatted back and forth for a little while over email that day...then no more emails since then...

Was it worth it...? No. Would I do it again...? No. It accomplished nothing, and she was probably like, "WTF is he doing sending an email to me...?!"

She didn't want you in her life anymore, so why does she deserve any birthday recognition from you...?

I agree with Chokie ... find something fun to do that night. Stay away.

If she wanted you there she would have made contact with you. No presents for her!!

Basicly it's the ex's birthday on Friday, I already had some of her presents etc started buying them last month,then she broke up with me anyway was planning on just giving them her and the card anyway ( changed the card as it was a bit of a Lovy one) I also have a letter I was going to put in, decided I'm not putting the letter in now iv read it back and I know she will take it the wrong way and it will do me no good anyway

But a few people say I should just leave it all together don't even wish her happybirthday!, shes having a big party Friday swell one witch alot of people I know will be going so I'm staying off facebook for a week or so I can't bear to see in my news feed every 5 mins more pictures/ status about it etc

Oh gosh. This brings me back.

I sent my ex a happy birthday card, text, and a letter. I even hung out with her on her birthday because she was having a **** day. I thought I was going to win her back for sure! Then she invited me to her friday party and well....she ignored the **** out of me and I found out about her recent activity which made me depressed the whole night (dumb move!!!!)

I gave her the letter knowing about her recent activites. The letter was a second chance letter. She called to say no the next day.

So long story short. Don't do anything. I regret it to this day. I would've moved on by now if I didn't care about her damn birthday.

• Author

Im a knob I took it round, she wouldn't come to the door ( sent her brother my mate) I gave it him and then he passed me my bag full of stuff with an old hoody I had given her a few months back because she wantedsomthing for when I was on nights! Anyway I gave her a love hear chalm a few weeks ago ( it was for a bracelet and mention to be my heart to her.... Guess whatwas ontop of everything in the bag..... The heart I nearly cried!

kickintheaz

and that 106rob is now it...

no more...

no more cards..

no more txts...

no more emails...

no more smoke signals...

she has given you her position on this matter by giving you all those belongings back....

you now need to start working on yourself for you....

you also need to get some friends together to hang out on friday , FAR AWAY from where the party is happening and not within reach of your phone...

its gonna be a long tough road, but get yourself on it NOW... no looking back, no dwelling on the contents of that bag, no staring at the charm for hours in tears..

wipe the sadness away, put that stuff (and any other stuff you have of hers or reminders of her) and box em up, put em away, cleanse the house, then get going on organising stuff to do for the next week, ESPECIALLY Friday...

and post here.. it helps, it really really helps...

Don't send it. My ex broke up with me and we had so many plans. But now she's doing all those things by herself and that's a huge slap in the face. Go return those gifts and keep your money. Remember, they are the ones that gave up on us, so why should they get spoiled for it?

• Author

cheers guys,i know i regret it big time now,i knew i shoulnt have,i just caught my eye on the bag on the way out so thaught i might aswell take it round

then when i got that back i instantly thaght what have i done....

no more now though and i mean it! blocked on fb and deleted number from my phone!

AlwaysConflicted

Sorry that didn't go according to plan. All of us have tried it so you're in good company.