im getting there i think

messymichelle

messymichelle

so i went out last night and got hammered, i hate the weekends, though mostly sunday mornings,

anyway this morning i got up, head was thumping and for no reason i started crying, i mean racking sobs that i couldnt control it continued throughout the day,

i didnt see him or anything i dont know why it started, has that happened to anyone else?

i cried that hard and for so long that it gave me a headache, is this part of me accepting that he is with her now and no longer loves me???

i mean i have cried before during the last two months but i always knew why i was crying and usually something was said or done to set it off but not today, i had a great night last night.

I don't think it's a big mystery why your head was thumping, it's called "hammered" for a reason.

I think there are certain habitual thought progressions we all have that are like carpool express lanes to strong emotions--so called buttons. As in, "She knows how to push my buttons." This is the idea behind daily affirmations, overwriting negative habitual thought progressions with positive ones through repetition.

Anywho, sometimes, especially under stress (hung over, not enough sleep) we stumble across these buttons ourselves and away we go--laughing, crying, raging, etc.

Edited by spriggig
so i went out last night and got hammered, i hate the weekends, though mostly sunday mornings,

anyway this morning i got up, head was thumping and for no reason i started crying, i mean racking sobs that i couldnt control it continued throughout the day,

i didnt see him or anything i dont know why it started, has that happened to anyone else?

i cried that hard and for so long that it gave me a headache, is this part of me accepting that he is with her now and no longer loves me???

i mean i have cried before during the last two months but i always knew why i was crying and usually something was said or done to set it off but not today, i had a great night last night.

I know exactly what you feel like - have been there for the past 5 weeks...

I hate evenings and weekends (that was my time with her) and now that she is no longer there I have nothing to fill it with. Evening not so bad because I have taken up running again so that keeps me occupied - but weekends i hate them with a passion...

i have tried being with friends but that always ends up to drinking which then ends up to being hungover the next morning, which has inevitably led to hair of the dog and getting hammered again.. LOL... such a vicious cycle...

I had one of those triggers on friday night - i was with my uncle, got pretty hammered and all it took for me to cry uncontrollably was putting his arm on my shoulders and telling me everything will be ok - that was all it took to set me off on a 3 hour crying spree...

I have cried in the past few weeks but not as uncontrollably and just hope that this stage passes too..

Be strong..