Do you guys and gals believe in those Zodiac Compatability stuff?

Username37

Just reading some and it's like wow. What an eye opener.

My ex is a Gemini and I'm a Cancer and the stuff said is so true.

What's your sign? And your ex's? Did it say you two were perfect or a match made in hell?

Just reading some and it's like wow. What an eye opener.

My ex is a Gemini and I'm a Cancer and the stuff said is so true.

What's your sign? And your ex's? Did it say you two were perfect or a match made in hell?

I love astrology and I'm always reading something about it!!!!

My ex is Cancer and I'm Gemini! What a coincidence!! I didn't want to believe when I read that we were not that compatible and what our problems would be, and they turned out to be like that.

Anyway, it all depends, I do believe in it, although I also consider the personality of the person, the background. You may meet another Gemini and she may be totally different from your ex, though there will still be some traits connected to Gemini! :)

I forgot to mention, my previous ex, which I DUMPED... If it had been for him we would still be together, he was a true fighter and never wanted to break up, he was always willing to talk, discuss and fix the problems, silly me right? And he was LIBRA, the apparently perfect match for GEMINI.

100% compatibility.

Believe it or not.... :eek:

• Author
I love astrology and I'm always reading something about it!!!!

My ex is Cancer and I'm Gemini! What a coincidence!! I didn't want to believe when I read that we were not that compatible and what our problems would be, and they turned out to be like that.

Anyway, it all depends, I do believe in it, although I also consider the personality of the person, the background. You may meet another Gemini and she may be totally different from your ex, though there will still be some traits connected to Gemini! :)

Why did you and your ex call it off?

I read that Cancer and Gemini fall in love quickly. Then problems start to arise as the relationship goes on. Which happened to me.

For finding another Gemini? I don't know about that haha

Why did you and your ex call it off?

I read that Cancer and Gemini fall in love quickly. Then problems start to arise as the relationship goes on. Which happened to me.

For finding another Gemini? I don't know about that haha

He called it off and I still have no answer to that question. We had tough days on our first holidays, we didn't seem to get along that well, but hey, first holidays are always a test and I didn't take it as something that important.

We were excellent together and I was willing to solve the differences we had because they were silly. He's younger than me and I assume he got scared but I still don't know. I still need an answer from him and I'm struggling between asking that question one more time or not.

Well, many things happened since April and I won't bore you but the true answer is I don't know why he called it off... Yours?

yes, Gemini and Cancer are both passionate and loving, they attract each other easily but then differences arise and problems start, right? :(

YellowShark

I don't mean to be unkind but...You have got to be f'ing kidding me!!!!

Astrology is one of the oldest parlour tricks in the world. Let me explain:

1) There are NO REAL constellations in space, they are patterns MADE UP by the ancient Babylonians. (re-read that sentence)

2) Do you really think the movement of celestial bodies thousands of light years away has any effect on Earthly events? Really?

3) Due to the movement of the Earth through space if you had been born 2000 years ago you'd been born under a different "sign." Google "Precession."

4) How come your time of birth is important to Astrologers and not the moment you were conceived? Does a mother's womb have an invisible force field that cancels the effects of celestial bodies?

5) If the effects of astrology can be attributed to gravity, tidal forces, or magnetism then the only celestial bodies that have any effect here on Earth is OUR SUN and MOON! We don't feel any effects from the constellation Pisces 294 light-years away! (Or any other for that matter...)

I guess what I am saying is have fun with Astrology, it is pure entertainment, and not in any way fact or a science of any kind. Please o' please don't make decisions based upon Astrology! You'd have the same luck making decisions based upon the shape of dung from a cow.

Edited by YellowShark
spelling
DenverBachelor
I don't mean to be unkind but...You have got to be f'ing kidding me!!!!

Astrology is one of the oldest parlour tricks in the world. Let me explain:

1) There are NO REAL constellations in space, they are patterns MADE UP by the ancient Babylonians. (re-read that sentence)

2) Do you really think the movement of celestial bodies thousands of light years away has any effect on Earthly events? Really?

3) Due to the movement of the Earth through space if you had been born 2000 years ago you'd been born under a different "sign." Google "Precession."

4) How come your time of birth is important to Astrologers and not the moment you were conceived? Does a mother's womb have an invisible force field that cancels the effects of celestial bodies?

5) If the effects of astrology can be attributed to gravity, tidal forces, or magnetism then the only celestial bodies that have any effect here on Earth is OUR SUN and MOON! We don't feel any effects from the constellation Pisces 294 light-years away! (Or any other for that matter...)

I guess what I am saying is have fun with Astrology, it is pure entertainment, and not in any way fact or a science of any kind. Please o' please don't make decisions based upon Astrology! You'd have the same luck making decisions based upon the shape of dung from a cow.

Who invited you to the party?

• Author
He called it off and I still have no answer to that question. We had tough days on our first holidays, we didn't seem to get along that well, but hey, first holidays are always a test and I didn't take it as something that important.

We were excellent together and I was willing to solve the differences we had because they were silly. He's younger than me and I assume he got scared but I still don't know. I still need an answer from him and I'm struggling between asking that question one more time or not.

Well, many things happened since April and I won't bore you but the true answer is I don't know why he called it off... Yours?

yes, Gemini and Cancer are both passionate and loving, they attract each other easily but then differences arise and problems start, right? :(

My gemini ex called it off. She got tired and thought I wasn't very supportive and stuff. I wanted to work out the problems but she didn't so yeah. Been broken up since May 16th.

And yes, that's very true. :(

So idk if she'll be coming back.

YellowShark

Hey, if you want to base REAL life-changing decisions here in on Earth upon the "position" of MADE-UP constellations by ancient Babylonians 2000 years ago then you deserve the outcome.

Have a great day. :rolleyes:

TheLoneSock

Astrology means nothing. For some people it's a religion and that's fine, whatever. Just remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Yes I too hate it when someone adds intelligence and logic to the discussion. :rolleyes:

There is absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever in support of astrological mumbo-jumbo. Therefore, my conclusion is it's utter bullsh*t.

The OP did. He posed the question: "Do you believe...", and the response you are questioning was directly on that topic.

I don't believe, either.

LoveTruthChaos

Yes, I believe!

(and any future partner must believe too :p)

I am Pisces, he was Leo.

Water and Fire!

It was passionate at the start, and after a while I think my emotions may have doused his fire a bit. Ah well - live and learn :)

AlwaysConflicted

I wouldn't use it to decide whether to date someone or not, but I think it's nice to believe in it.

Besides, intelligence and logic doesn't exactly live in harmony with emotion.

YellowShark
There is absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever in support of astrological mumbo-jumbo. Therefore, my conclusion is it's utter bullsh*t.

The sad part is people make money as Astrologers. These con artists are literally STEALING money from unsuspecting people and filling their heads full of mumbo jumbo while preying on people's fears and longings. Hell, if you Google "Astrologers" you'll get over 2 million hits!

There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe and how can only a handful of these celestial bodies "control" events here on Earth?

I highly recommend watching this 10 minute video by a really cool dude named Derren Brown if you want to learn about "readings."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btP_vy5cQq4

I don't read the stuff religiously, and most of the daily ones I see are completely stupid. But I've looked (out of curiosity) at what "they" say about my sign and its compatibility with all the women's signs I've dated... and it's absolutely SCARY how accurate it is.

Seriously. I'm just as big a skeptic in life as anyone, and the compatibility charts I've seen have me, all of my exes, and the relationships we had pegged to a 'T'.

TheLoneSock
I don't read the stuff religiously, and most of the daily ones I see are completely stupid. But I've looked (out of curiosity) at what "they" say about my sign and its compatibility with all the women's signs I've dated... and it's absolutely SCARY how accurate it is.

Seriously. I'm just as big a skeptic in life as anyone, and the compatibility charts I've seen have me, all of my exes, and the relationships we had pegged to a 'T'.

That doesn't mean anything except that the girls you were dating are as generic as the advice columns astrologists put out.

YellowShark
But I've looked (out of curiosity) at what "they" say about my sign and its compatibility with all the women's signs I've dated... and it's absolutely SCARY how accurate it is.

Check out the video I linked to. Derren Brown gives five people from three different countries their "reading." Then he asks them to rate the accuracy of their "special" reading.

And guess what A Hot Mess? All 15 of the people say their "reading" is accurate and describes them to a 'T'. And then they are asked to pass their "special" reading to the person standing beside them... and all 15 "readings" are exactly the same.

This is why :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

It's not magic, or the constellations and planets "controlling" earthly events as the Astrologers want you to believe. ;)

teanoranges

I wouldn't say I swear by astrology, but its kind of strange how things play out in it when I look at it.. for example.. the placement of a particular star is in the 'same' spot as something in my 'birthchart' on the same day I break up with my ex, I had my first kiss, I graduated college, I moved and started focusing more on my 'career'...

now, of course, that doesn't really prove anything, in my opinion, but it is strange how it all worked out (and this is ME finding the coincidences... not a paid psychic)

I also find that a majority of my friends share the same 3 signs (and no, they aren't all exactly alike..)

I find it very coincidental of course, but humans are prone to believing strange things... how many people actually believe a book was written by a higher power because the book tells them that?! lol.

But to keeping with OPs question... in astrology, there is so much more to go by, compatible-wise, than just Sun signs..

YellowShark
I wouldn't say I swear by astrology, but its kind of strange how things play out in it when I look at it.. for example.. the placement of a particular star is in the 'same' spot as something in my 'birthchart' on the same day I break up with my ex, I had my first kiss, I graduated college, I moved and started focusing more on my 'career'...

The placement of any particular star is not actually where you see it here on Earth. Here's the science.

Let's take a star in the so-called "constellation Capricorn," Beta Capricorni. Beta Capricorni is 328 light years from Earth and is actually a dual-star system which the ancient Babylonians knew nothing about. They thought it was one star and simply looked up into the sky.. connected some dots.. and made up the constellation Capricorn.

We see Beta Capricorni ON EARTH TODAY where it was 328 years ago in 1682 AD! Because it's light has had to travel 328 years to reach us on Earth. To complicate things even further 14 stars make up the "constellation Capricorn." This pattern doesn't actually exist independently in space. Its simply a pattern made up some 2000 years ago by people who thought the world was flat.

None of the stars in this pattern are even remotely close to each other either, they are hundreds and thousands of light years distant from each other. So as you can see it gets very very complicated mathematically to calculate where each star really is in the "constellation Capricorn" on the date of your birth. You would need a PHD in Astronomy and a computer to even begin to attempt that.

Therefore when an Astrologer pulls out their "birth charts" to give you your "reading" and starts to assign behaviours based upon the position of planets and constellations I have to laugh because these "charts" are complete garbage. Hell Pluto wasn't even discovered until 1930, yet it has existed for nearly 4 billion years. What method did astrologers use to assign characteristics to Pluto since they didn't know it existed prior to 1930?

Please don't misunderstand me folks, I am not beating up on people who believe in Astrology, I am beating up on Astrologers WHO STEAL YOUR MONEY with readings and ridiculous "charts".

Have fun with Astrology, just please don't make life-altering decisions based upon it. :)

Edited by YellowShark