So she finally blocked me on Facebook

Username37

Logged on FB, went to her profile and she completely blocked me on her wall and some of her albums. I feel terrible. I haven't spoke to her in 8 weeks. Why would she suddenly block me? Is she uploading pictures that I shouldn't see or does she think I'm spying on her? I spoke to a friend and she said she could see EVERYTHING and she also had another album up.

She kept a few pictures of me (of events and crap like that) but that's it. Also she kept the photo comments I posted. I feel terrible. I can still see her info and some albums but that doesn't make me happy.

DenverBachelor
Logged on FB, went to her profile and she completely blocked me on her wall and some of her albums. I feel terrible. I haven't spoke to her in 8 weeks. Why would she suddenly block me? Is she uploading pictures that I shouldn't see or does she think I'm spying on her? I spoke to a friend and she said she could see EVERYTHING and she also had another album up.

She kept a few pictures of me (of events and crap like that) but that's it. Also she kept the photo comments I posted. I feel terrible. I can still see her info and some albums but that doesn't make me happy.

Stop looking at her Facebook and move on with your life. Get out there and have fun meeting new women and people. Get yourself tied up in events and new hobbies.

Take a break from Facebook, too. It's all right to take a few weeks / months off Facebook while you get your self together.

listen_to_me_please

I blocked my ex for about a year and when I unblocked her, within 24 hours she changed her facebook profile from "single" to "in a relationship" and that just pushed me back a bit and told me two things

a) don't look at her profile

b) she was checking on mine

almost like she was upset at the breakup yet she was the one who cheated on me

then she added the dude as a friend whom she was cheating on me with to her friendlist and removed him like 2 days later.

almost like she wanted me to see, i know she knew i was looking at her profile and then changed her mind.

maybe she wanted me to see how happy she was, then again if she was that happy she wouldn't of been thinking about me.

Edited by listen_to_me_please
listen_to_me_please

because girls are stupid, espicially ex's and they are crazy.

delete/block, its the same thing.

if she blocked you, it means she was thinking about you and its not about YOU, it was about HER and she probably didn't want to look at YOUR profile which is why she blocked YOU.

eitherway its sad, when someone has to guess what another person is up to via facebook. it just means that person is not in your life and you still think about them but not enough to contact them so you check on them via the computer where you think they will never know you were thinking about them or just so you can still feel apart of their life so you know whats going on in their world.

i haven't heard from my ex in years, i still look at her profile, i wonder about her but i'll never contact her, then again she was the one who cheated on me so i had no choice to break up with her, to bad she got a chance to really hurt me before i went complete nc, then again i think she wanted to leave, she just didn't have the courage to end things, i think she was confused and in love with someone else, then again i never really knew/know and actions speaker louder than words and all I got was silience.

tuff little girl.

still miss and love her but can never again be with or communicate with her.

sad really.

the point i'm trying to make is this:

facebook means 100% nothing.

Edited by listen_to_me_please
DenverBachelor
it means she was thinking about you and its not about YOU, it was about HER and she probably didn't want to look at YOUR profile which is why she blocked YOU.

This deserves repeating. If weeks / months have gone by and you haven't done anything and you find that they've blocked you, it means that THEY are the ones that have an issue with seeing YOUR account.

Take that as you will, but if they're that bothered by seeing your account, it probably means they're not 100% comfortable with their decision. Let that be your little glimmer of a smile upon your face and move on.

• Author

So basically she still thinks of me, checks my profile, knows I'm not talking to her, hurting her in a way, and blocks me because of that?

Wow. NC is a power tool haha

• Author

So is she regretting the break up now?

Or is she hiding something?

Can she see my profile still btw?

Could be either, but you're probably not doing yourself any favours thinking too deeply about it as part of your NC healing process.

I'm no FB expert but I'd believe you need to block her so she cant see you anymore. Try stuff out with a friend of yours and their FB if you're concerned about exactly what they can and cant see. I know FB's been getting slammed in the media lately about all the privacy issues.

• Author
Could be either, but you're probably not doing yourself any favours thinking too deeply about it as part of your NC healing process.

I'm no FB expert but I'd believe you need to block her so she cant see you anymore. Try stuff out with a friend of yours and their FB if you're concerned about exactly what they can and cant see. I know FB's been getting slammed in the media lately about all the privacy issues.

True true. It bugged me when I found out, but this topic is helping me a lot so I feel a little better.

And I did get a friend to see what I can't see. I can't see one of her albums, all the pictures she's tagged in, and her wall. I can still see her info, her relationship status, and only her new status. She deleted a few albums that had mostly me in them though

hurt and devastated

Seriously, you need to block her, and take a break from FB for a while. Worrying about what she's putting on her FB page isn't going to help you get over things. Take it from me. The first week after we split up, I checked my wife's page endlessly. Every time she added a guy as a friend I thought "here we go, there's her next boyfriend!" I didn't block her, but I haven't gone on Facebook in over a week. I still wonder what she's doing, but I feel a little more in control of myself by not checking it every 5 minutes now.

It doesn't sound like she blocked you. If she blocked you, you wouldn't even be able to see that they existed...you can apparently see that she exists on facebook. It looks like she either restricted you from certain items or removed you as a friend and doesn't have her profile set on the highest privacy restrictions.

I'm not sure which one it is...but if she restricted you, it means that she's still friends with you and can check your things...but you can't see everything about her.

I suggest removing her as a friend if she hasn't done so already and make sure your privacy settings are set correctly. If she hasn't removed you, then play even, block, your wall and some albums. But then you're just setting yourself up for more hurt, because she'll probably take that as a challenge, cuz I'm sure she's checking up on you and then if she really does do something like block you, you'll get upset all over again.

Just remove yourself from the whole facebook drama and block her yourself. It will be better that way.

• Author
It doesn't sound like she blocked you. If she blocked you, you wouldn't even be able to see that they existed...you can apparently see that she exists on facebook. It looks like she either restricted you from certain items or removed you as a friend and doesn't have her profile set on the highest privacy restrictions.

I'm not sure which one it is...but if she restricted you, it means that she's still friends with you and can check your things...but you can't see everything about her.

I suggest removing her as a friend if she hasn't done so already and make sure your privacy settings are set correctly. If she hasn't removed you, then play even, block, your wall and some albums. But then you're just setting yourself up for more hurt, because she'll probably take that as a challenge, cuz I'm sure she's checking up on you and then if she really does do something like block you, you'll get upset all over again.

Just remove yourself from the whole facebook drama and block her yourself. It will be better that way.

I'm still her FB friend. I don't understand why she put me on restriction. I haven't spoken to her in 8 weeks and I let her be. I don't know why she had the sudden change. Why would she check what I'm doing, but not let me see what she's doing? Exes are confusing and thinking this break up thing is a game. What's really messed up is she still has my family on FB and my cousin told me she can see everything...wtf.

You do get what's going on right?

Look how upset you are. She did it to get a reaction out of you.

Would you like to give her the satisfaction?

• Author
You do get what's going on right?

Look how upset you are. She did it to get a reaction out of you.

Would you like to give her the satisfaction?

Yeah, she's trying to tick me off in order to boost her ego and to get my attention.

And I'm kinda angry, but mostly confused. I haven't texted/fb/called her about the situtation though, thank God.

I don't want her to win and I don't want to cave.

• Author
Exactly. Block her. Don't let her do what's better for her. Take care of yourself in this.

Okay I will.

I know this is to heal me. But what will this tell her? And what do you think she'll do?

I'm asking to many questions. I'm sorry about that

Okay I will.

I know this is to heal me. But what will this tell her? And what do you think she'll do?

The same thing its been telling her for your 8 weeks of NC, you're getting over her.

This deserves repeating. If weeks / months have gone by and you haven't done anything and you find that they've blocked you, it means that THEY are the ones that have an issue with seeing YOUR account.

Take that as you will, but if they're that bothered by seeing your account, it probably means they're not 100% comfortable with their decision. Let that be your little glimmer of a smile upon your face and move on.

Hey I blocked my recent ex cause yea I didnt want to see his face everywhere

status updates an the like.. its easier to move on if no constant reminders.

I did break up with him.. he blocked me before that from accessing my photos

which I was sad about as they was family ones too.

But my friend got them for me, its true what you say its not malicious its just for the best really.

An ex from yrs ago blocked me after 2 years.. so yes I guess he has issues.

I was very much in love with him, came here cause of him etc.. saw pic of him today.. ewww has beard now def dont fancy him anymore.;)

so there is an up side to having a little look:laugh:

Okay I will.

NC heals as it gives YOU time..

You dont have to tell her anything.. and You should not worry/care.. what she will do... its all about YOU now

stay strong:)

• Author

So my ex put me on restricted profile. Not a block. I worded the topic wrong.

Obviously she's hiding something, but yet wants to check up on me still (if she didn't truly care about me anymore, she'd delete/block me.) And I'm still wondering why she has some pictures of me plus my sweet, boyfriend photo comments :p

I'm going to block her, but here's the thing, I kinda want her to contact me. I know NC is suppose to be about me and everything, but aren't they suppose to contact you, because of the silence you've been giving them?

Idk, I was doing fine in my NC until this week when I had a little mental breakdown. Bleh...

AlwaysConflicted

They won't always contact you. Sometimes they move on and other times they are too proud to break contact.

I stopped using facebook the day my ex broke up with me. I suggest you do the same as it will stop some temptation.

• Author
They won't always contact you. Sometimes they move on and other times they are too proud to break contact.

I stopped using facebook the day my ex broke up with me. I suggest you do the same as it will stop some temptation.

Well that sucks :(

And I'm going to try.

It just bothers me how restricts me all of a sudden and I haven't even spoke to her in 8 weeks. Confusing exes are confusing haha

AlwaysConflicted
It just bothers me how restricts me all of a sudden and I haven't even spoke to her in 8 weeks.

She's not a robot so she still thinks about you once in a while. She thought about you enough to change her privacy settings. She probably did it so you wouldn't get hurt by seeing her move on. After more time passes you may look at her action as a kindness.