He is always in my mind

I'm a european foreign student in USA. I met a guy in my school. He was from asian country. He started relationship, we were dating for six months. He was awsome. Two months ago he had to leave. I was so upset. He was too. We write emails, send pictures, and call to each other. Two days ago I called him and I told I can't take this anymore. I missed him so much, I'm thinking about him everyday. I asked him "let's just break up, let's change phone numbers and emails, let's just get lost. Maybe it will be easier to forget each other. There's no future for us". He didn't want it. He wants to stay friends. He's oK with that. I can't consider him just a friend, everytime I have a contact all memories come back to my head, and there is no way how to forget it. I feel like sick then. I don't want to meet anybody, I lost interest in everything. Does someone knows any medicine from this feeling ? Is it true that time helps ?

yes, it is true that time helps....and it will, you just have to....um....give it time! Don't lose touch with him. Wouldn't you rather have him as a friend than not at all? It will still be nice to talk to him and know what he is up to in life, and maybe you two can meet again sometime and rekindle the relationship, but i urge you to keep in touch with him, especially if he wants to, too. Don't worry...just go about your normal life and make new friends. Time heals all wounds.

That's the best medicine I have in my personal pharmacy right now.

Nurse Jamie,

You'll have to read my story as to why me and my ex split up. She is now with someone else. But she tells me she wants to keep in touch with me and that is a fact. Plus she says that I am and always will be her best friend. I want more than this naturally because I still love her and never wanted to split up really. My approach was planning to cut all contact from her. Do you think I should actually keep in touch and be the friend she wants??????

i'm majorly against keeping in touch, especially when the other side says "friends", and you want more. unless you have no contact, how the hell are you going to move on??

2c,

-yes