She's still very much on my mind

snoopdawg

Its been about 4 weeks since my split with my g/f after only 6 months.

We were and still are good friends for about a year 1/2.

Problem is (like everyone else) she still very much on my mind and I've been through all the classic symptoms of not eating, sleeping and being withdrawn.

I just feel that I have lost my dignity for some of the things ive done. Ive written an letter conveying my feelings for her, emailed and even had face to faces. I feel that she has seen a cross section of me, and I dont really know too much from her apart from I was 'too serious'.

I wasnt naive in the sense that I wanted to rush her into anything. I just really felt that this was the person for me and I took everyone opportunity to express this feeling. I know that it could feel intense for her, but my philosophy here was 'if i dont tell her then she'll never know'

This has triggered alot of self reflection in myself, which i suppose has been a good learning opportunity.

I've had mixed responses she told me she didnt want me anyway to my face and after the split told me she thought the world of me. mixed response ?

Maybe shes not ready for a relationship but she 29 this year, im 24.

I know i need to get a grip, but this has really messed me up and i will see her alot which will give me hope i dont need.

Hey

As hard as it may be to hear, maybe you should just let her be for a while. Give her some space to let her get her own thoughts into order.

This could also help you. Again, as hard as it is to hear, after a break-up, continuously seeing your ex inhibits the healing process. Take some time for yourself. Try to see some of your old friends. Try to keep busy.

If you get the urge to call her, feel the urge, but try not to act on it. Anxiety is a natural by-product of breaking up. Try to sit with it. Try to figure out exactly why you are feeling these feelings. If it helps, write her a letter but DO NOT send it. Keep it. Read it again in a couple of weeks. You will see that in time you will start to feel better.

But remember, your pain and anxiety WILL pass. Just try to sit with it without acting on it.

• Author

Thanks Green!,

I've tried all I could, although I hate giving up on things, this is one thing I must let lie for a while.

Advice appreciated !