the ex- again

hi,

You're all likely sick of me posting about this ex of mine but ...

it's been 6 months since it was over, and i bumped into him tonight at a club, and boom - all i could think about what where he is, who he's with, etc. Everything else became automatic, my mind was fixed on seeking him out in the crowd. The only improvement is that before, i was physically in pain if he was around & not next to me, and now it doesn't hurt physically... But anyway, I got upset & went home.

And against all logic that was going through my mind at the same time, i just desperately wished i was the one with who he came to the club, etc... Arg!

i guess my question is ... this is not normal at all, is it? would i be wrong to seek counselling over this matter? i feel ridiculous still being obsessed with him 6 months later...

-yes

I think of my ex of over 2 years ago. It is only natural of someone to think of someone they were in love with previously.

Guys often drool over my ex. She was beautiful, but now she puts the "ho" in hotel.

• Author

I don't just THINK about him now and then. I mistake people for him in the street, i sometimes dream of him, and i cannot think of anything but him if we're in the same building.

So I don't think the comparison applies... thanks for your reply anyway.

-yes

*sigh...* i still think of my ex too...we broke up 2 months ago, but we only been together for about 4 months, not that long, but we were IN love. And it was both of our first love, so i guess is hard to forget a true love.

He liked me for like 3 months b4 we start dating. So he liked me for 7 months?.. He loved me very much and i love him too. But then we broke up, cuz he said i wasn't open (communication) enough for him. He had told me to talk more, talk more about myself, tell him when im angry at him, basically tell him anything. But i never did, i never did tell him when i was mad at, i just hide my feelings to myself alot. And he was mad at me for doing that, we've gone through that problem alot of times, i always say that i will tell him how i feel next time, but i never did, so he had to guess what i was feeling everytime, and he was tired of it, thats why we broke up. I really really regret it.

And now, i still think of him all the time, dream of him, i always dream that we were back together. But i think is kinda impossible... :( sigh... i don't think i LOVE him anymore, but i really miss him, n like him?...i don't even know how im feeling right now..

how long does it actually take to forget a person??..

rockinhomeyj2000

My coworker and I were talking about ex-girlfriends and wondering if we'd ever stop missing them. My 75 year old boss came in (married for 50 years) and said that he still misses his high school girlfriend.

• Author

missing a highschool gf after 50 yrs of marriage! holy!

no, i can't live my whole life thinking about this guy... i'll go crazy... i have to get him out of my system, somehow... i think will, once i meet someone i'm just as attracted to, and who can understand me just as well...

-yes

I don't just THINK about him now and then. I mistake people for him in the street, i sometimes dream of him, and i cannot think of anything but him if we're in the same building.

So I don't think the comparison applies... thanks for your reply anyway.

-yes

I mistake people for my ex as well. I stay clear of these people. She scared the hell out of me. I do not dare drive within 1 mile of her house. If I see anyone like her, I run the opposite direction. I run like my avatar!

• Author

well, i'm not about to start running from all these guys who remind me of the stupid ex.

I'm actually feeling much better about it today; it's all a matter of perspective. Today, I see it as:

I wanted A from him. He didn't have A, and of course didn't give it to me.

He wanted B from me. I had B, but didn't give it to him since I felt I wouldn't get my A in return.

He ran off.

So, I don't feel like the loser at all - I didn't lose or gain anything but experience; just the emotional shake-up sux, but i guess that lessens with age...

cheers!

-yes

I miss mine. I just wish i could have all those things that made me happy when we were together back.

I made mistakes and am paying for them.

Regardless if i'm moving on or not i want to be with her still.

I don't know what i'll do if i run into her somewhere.

The more you were in love with him, the longer it will take to let go of the idea of him.

Could even be years. But there is hope!

When you meet someone better who loves you as much as you love them :love:

I miss my ex of 3 years a whole lot, but there is nothing I can do. She's made an attempt to get back together but I brushed her off, and now regret doing that.

I have dreams of my other ex too, and they are lucid, kinda like the one part in Vanilla sky where Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz meet in the park, they embrace, and then things do a complete flip and they realize it's not real and they run away, but subconsciously they are holding on to something that was so great.

im ramblin, maybe you guys understand maybe you don't, lol.

Punch