"Screw You, Ex" Therapy

just1guy

So I was reading a thread about coping and realized that there many ways that we heal ourselves to move on and take the first step towards finding happiness. For me, I'm using the "screw you ex" therapy.

What that means, is that I am now using my free time post breakup to enjoy the things that says "screw you!" to the ex.

It could be anything. Eating at a restaurant that they always b*tched about, but you liked. Talking to people that they hated or were jealous of. Vacationing to places that you and them were supposed to go, or places that they've always wanted to go, but couldn't. Wearing that favorite shirt that you loved, but they always hated.

For me, this year, I'm:

1. Going to Hawaii for my birthday with some friends. She'd always wanted to go, but couldn't because of money, school, etc

2. Going to another vacation in Mexico with some friends. Again, another place she wanted to go, but couldn't.

3. Visiting the local mom and pop restuarants that I went before her, but stopped when we were together.

Are any of you taking part of the "screw you ex" therapy? And if so, what's on your to do list?

Could be an effective tonic in a passive aggressive sort of way. Burning through some rebound relationships until you click with a good one is the usual remedy, but let us know how these outside the box paybacks work out ! :p

soheartbroken
So I was reading a thread about coping and realized that there many ways that we heal ourselves to move on and take the first step towards finding happiness. For me, I'm using the "screw you ex" therapy.

What that means, is that I am now using my free time post breakup to enjoy the things that says "screw you!" to the ex.

It could be anything. Eating at a restaurant that they always b*tched about, but you liked. Talking to people that they hated or were jealous of. Vacationing to places that you and them were supposed to go, or places that they've always wanted to go, but couldn't. Wearing that favorite shirt that you loved, but they always hated.

For me, this year, I'm:

1. Going to Hawaii for my birthday with some friends. She'd always wanted to go, but couldn't because of money, school, etc

2. Going to another vacation in Mexico with some friends. Again, another place she wanted to go, but couldn't.

3. Visiting the local mom and pop restuarants that I went before her, but stopped when we were together.

Are any of you taking part of the "screw you ex" therapy? And if so, what's on your to do list?

Hmm. I'm not doing things that are of the "screw you" variety, however, I would like to take this thread as an opportunity to say a big "**** YOU" to my ex.

Screw you for being a coward, a liar, and a quitter.

justaguy123
Hmm. I'm not doing things that are of the "screw you" variety, however, I would like to take this thread as an opportunity to say a big "**** YOU" to my ex.

Screw you for being a coward, a liar, and a quitter.

Diddo :) :)

It's not passive agressive at all, it's a very healthy thing to do. You are evolving without your ex, you no longer have to anwser to them and it feels good. I have done a lot of that stuff. Have gone places, bought stuff and saw stuff he refused to do with me. The funny thing is my ex is doing that as well. Also to top it off he's doing all the stuff that he wouldn't have done if he wasn't for me, except he's doing it with his fiancé now. Like restaurants I took him to are now his and his fiancé’s favorites. I saw him a few months a go online talking about going to a museum I really like but when we were together he told me he absolutely hated museums and art. You know at first it pissed me off but now I laugh at it because I realize I'm on his mind way too much and to impress his new girl he's acting more like me than himself. :laugh:

Edited by Ilovecake

I'm wearing mini skirts again! I'm making an effort to look pretty - which might sound trival but the ex hated the thought of any men looking at me and thus confined me in t-shirts so looking glamourous and attractive is liberating.

screw you therapy is a good thing:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Altho im wobbly at the moment i found throwing out all my scruffy clothes (never bought new clothes that werent practicle) and spending the best part of £2k on new sexy and stunning designer clothes very theraputic!. The divorce diet helped too:laugh:

I go out lots and havemy freinds stay over as much as i can too. My life was him and this house and the kids. NOT him anymore.

Screw you is showing yourself that you are better off without them.

Nobby xx

I think this is a very productive way of going through the VERY necessary stage of Anger.

I like it!

After this, though, comes the "Why Did I Screw You?" therapy. :o (Don't worry - the Anger stage is there to help you deal with this toughie.) :bunny:

x

threebyfate
I think this is a very productive way of going through the VERY necessary stage of Anger.
I also think it's productive, especially since freedom tastes better than the finest honey!

After this, though, comes the "Why Did I Screw You?" therapy. :o (Don't worry - the Anger stage is there to help you deal with this toughie.) :bunny:

While the subject isn't funny and needs to happen, the way you've put it, is funny! :laugh:

Can you explain please. I don't quite understand.

Can you explain please. I don't quite understand.

Yes do explain as i feel thick!!!:lmao::lmao:

Nobby xx

• Author
screw you therapy is a good thing:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Altho im wobbly at the moment i found throwing out all my scruffy clothes (never bought new clothes that werent practicle) and spending the best part of £2k on new sexy and stunning designer clothes very theraputic!. The divorce diet helped too:laugh:

I go out lots and havemy freinds stay over as much as i can too. My life was him and this house and the kids. NOT him anymore.

Screw you is showing yourself that you are better off without them.

Nobby xx

Yes! Good to see that all of us are saying "screw you" to our ex's by living our lives the way it should've been. I know that I'm still really hurt by how she left me all of the sudden before the holidays, but I found that I kinda lost my identity when I was with her.

Well.. once we've been through the Anger stage, it's good to reassess why we were attracted to them in the first place.

Dontchathink?

x