What is the best revenge for someone who has hurt you?

9Lives

Sometimes you are hurting so bad that you want to pay them back for what they did. Sometimes you want to let them feel the hurt that you feel. It seems unfair that you are hurting and they are living like it is not a big deal. I found that the best revenge is the following. Feel free to add to the list

1) Forgive....dont look back..and heal

2)Do Peace....Not war

3)Not doing nothing. It is better for your soul

4)Let them see you move on & be happy without them

5)Do Nothing - fate has ways to take care of things on its own

6)The best revenge is to leave them alone & be happy in your own life

7)The best revenge to look your best & act like they never meant anything to you.

Go out and make a point of doing well & being happy without them. Big stab!

9)Vengence is mine says the Lord, I will repay.

I know that my ex totally hurt me. I have had alot of sleepless nights and I want to hurt him back. I wasnt a angel but I still think I deserved better. I have to admit that I brought some things on myself so I dont have anyone to blame. I just want to heal and forget this nightmare that has went on for so many years. Relationships are not the easiest for me. Some people have to learn to just let things go.

I say do nothing to them and just let things happen while you focus on making your own life better.

Thing is if you love the person and they hurt you then why would anyone want to hurt them back? That isn't love and it is childish.

It sucks to be hurt/let down but what's done is done...no point in wanting someone else to feel bad since it doesn't make your hurt/pain go away.

confused_pjl

One of my favorite quotes is "The Best Revenge is MASSIVE Success!" So everything you said is right, us moving on and being happy without them and proving that we are successful without them is the best revenge. Although I know how hard it is to stay positive and optimistic and try not thinking of bad things happening to them. My EX left me for another guy and my mind wanders daily hoping that she gets a rude awakening. I believe in Karma and that everything happens for a reason. Every time I think those thoughts are immediately put the focus back on me and how I can be a success.

Everything comes back around and I do believe that my Ex will get that rude awakening. It may not be tomorrow, next week or next month but it will happen.

It would be great if there were some way to balance the scales, but there usually isn't. However, that doesn't mean you need to forgive. Being angry and hating people who hurt you is natural. Hell, it's healthy. Work on forgetting and moving on, not forgiveness.

• Author
It would be great if there were some way to balance the scales, but there usually isn't. However, that doesn't mean you need to forgive. Being angry and hating people who hurt you is natural. Hell, it's healthy. Work on forgetting and moving on, not forgiveness.

thats my point exactly. When you are hurting, alot of emotions go thru your head. I want to use those thoughts in a positve way that is best for everyone. I really dont want to hurt my ex. I already have done enough. I just want to forgive...dont look back...and heal.

taurusincus
Sometimes you are hurting so bad that you want to pay them back for what they did. Sometimes you want to let them feel the hurt that you feel. It seems unfair that you are hurting and they are living like it is not a big deal. I found that the best revenge is the following. Feel free to add to the list

2)Do Peace....Not war

7)The best revenge to look your best & act like they never meant anything to you.

I know that my ex totally hurt me. I have had alot of sleepless nights and I want to hurt him back. I wasnt a angel but I still think I deserved better. I have to admit that I brought some things on myself so I dont have anyone to blame. I just want to heal and forget this nightmare that has went on for so many years. Relationships are not the easiest for me. Some people have to learn to just let things go.

What a post!!!in today's times when there is so much violence being carried out in the name of the revenge this post makes so much sense though it sounds to be too idealistic to be practical.

So no chance at something petty? Like pretending you want ex sex just to gain access to his shower head and then "change your mind" about sex and leave? Put a pork bullion cube just behind the screen in the shower head. He'll think he is clean but the moment he begins to sweat a bit, he will emit pork fat odor. So he will shower again. And again. :laugh: It takes about 3 times before the bullion dissolves away.

sally, yer awful!!!! But what a great idea :laugh::laugh::laugh:

9, everything solution you put in your original post makes sense: Boiling it down, the advice would be don't let it consume you but learn from it, and live your life in a way that your ex can't touch. Meaning, live happily and well without that person, because fate/karma will take care of him.

right now, you're hurt and angry, both very natural feelings. But unlike another poster's advice, I highly suggest that at some point you forgive the jerk for the pain he's inflicted on you.

not because you're weak or he gets off scott-free, but because the act of forgiveness means making peace with yourself, to a point where that person's behavior no longer has a hold on you. It might take years to reach that point, but when you do, it'll feel like a load's been lifted.

sally, yer awful!!!! But what a great idea :laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of my guy friends celebrates April Fools day all month long and calls it "30 days of pranks". How his roomates haven't killed him is beyond me. This is one of his creations.

• Author

Yes, I am trying to look at things on a more positive note. It is hard enough to break up with some you care about. So it is better to move forward doing things thata cause healing not damage.

While I thought things couldn't be better between us, my ex cheated and dumped me without a second thought for a college girl he met online, 24 years younger than me. It hurt like hell in all levels. Add insult to injury, he is now 'soooooo in love' and 'soooooo happily' engaged to the 'sooooo beautiful' girl. (That is what he is telling friends and family.) I don't see anytime soon forgetting or forgiving for what hell he had put me through. Someone mentioned karma. I hope and pray hard that the girl wises up one day and dumps him cold for a much younger man (Ex is 15 years older than her.) And that, would be my sweetest, bestest revenge.

hopesndreams

2)Do Peace....Not war

The best thing is never seeing them again or have them never see you again. Not letting them in on what is going on in your life and not being party to what is going on in theirs.

The best thing is never seeing them again or have them never see you again. Not letting them in on what is going on in your life and not being party to what is going on in theirs.

Second that.

dreamingoftigers

The best revenge is to get hordes of little minions to destroy everything in their precious little lives muahahahaha

or just use their kids as pawns.

Totally kidding here.

I think in my case the best revenge would be to lose a ton of weight and date someone much better and be healthy and happy because I know my husband wanted that for us but would never back it up. With or without him I will be a healthy happy person.