Feeling incredibly sad today.

now_what

I ran across an old picture today of my ex and our kids taken at Easter in 1995 - the kids would have been 12, 9 and 2. Everyone looked so happy. Sometimes I wonder how things just went so wrong. We were happy together at one time, how did my former husband decide that being with me and the kids was not what he wanted out of life? It's been almost one year since our divorce. In hindsight, I should not have let him rush the dissolution through the court. I think I may have been in a state of shock. I acted like it did not matter, that I would be better off without him, but for some stupid reason, I have been missing him lately. It just plain hurts that he could dump me after 30 years so he could marry some biker tramp he barely knew.

I've also been missing our little rat terrier who died last August. I miss Crystal so much. She was only seven, way too young to get sick and die.

Please indulge me as I have a pity party today. Hopefully this sad feeling will pass soon - I just needed somewhere to vent, I didn't want my daughter to see me upset.

Rearden Metal

Divorce is terribly painful. I didn't get over it for over 2 years. But one day, I finally did. I was helped along by moving across coasts and not having children, so it was probably quicker and easier for me.

I do miss my black lab. She was 1 when I left :(

• Author

Feeling much better today, not such a sad sack. I just don't know where those days pop up from once in a while.

I still miss my doggie though. :(

I understand what you are going through. My husband left for ow and has moved in with her and her 10 yr old kid. Has turned his back on me and his 5 kids (4 grown up+ 8 yr old daughter.) We were together 28 years.Had to have my spaniel put down in January( old age. ) so I understand that too.

Luckily I have another dog and that has helped- have you thought about getting another dog- perhaps re-homing one?

It could give you something positive to focus on :bunny:

• Author

Hi Worlybear,

In a strange way it makes me feel better that I am not the only one whose spouse flaked out on them, not that I'm glad it happened to you.

And, I am sorry about your dog, pets are a member of the family, very furry yes, but still family. Good suggestion about the dog, but I am well covered in that department. I already had three dogs after we lost our little Crystal, and we adopted two more in November from a rescue. I was just going to get one, but there were a brother and sister together and I just couldn't separate them. I know, I'm a sucker.