I feel like sitting in the First Grade here on LS on V-Day

DenverBachelor

DenverBachelor

Did any of you in elementary school have that little program where you could get another girl or guy candy on V-day and they would deliver it to them?

Remember when you were sitting in class and the guy in front of you get's a candygram. The girl to your left gets a candygram. The teacher is passing them out and skipping all around you and then finally she has one more candygram left and is looking around the class smiling.

"This is it! This is *MY* candygram! I know sally from Mrs. Robinson's class sent me one! Oh boy here it comes!"

The teacher would smile, walk towards you and you would get all excited inside. Then she'd walked right past you and give the last one to Bobby that sat right behind you.

yea i never got any valentines in school cause i was the only brown kid and the girls wanted nothing to do with me

yea i never got any valentines in school cause i was the only brown kid and the girls wanted nothing to do with me

Lol, well you're making up for it now Alphie...

Lol, well you're making up for it now Alphie...

it was pure racism, there should be equal opportunity valentines

• Author
DenverBachelor

You like dark chocolate or light?

MySweetie'sGone

:-) i've had a similar experience. But mom's should always make their kids put everyone's names on all the cards that come in the little boxes. So everyone gets one.

The last Valentine's Day anything I got was back in grade school...when we all had those little decorated brown paper bags taped to the edge of our desk...

I only got Valentines because you had to give them to everyone or no one at all...and I got as many Valentines from guys as girls...

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate my life... :o

I only got Valentines because you had to give them to everyone or no one at all...and I got as many Valentines from guys as girls...

was that part of their "don't ask, don't tell" policy?

LucreziaBorgia

My kid was sad that all of her friends got "Crush" sodas and she didn't. Seventh grade can be a killer. It made me sad for her, as I didn't get anything either during all of those school "Valentines deliveries".

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate my life... :o

:laugh: Hey at least you got something!

So this is where it all stems from, alpha?

*breathes a sigh of relief that some explanation has finally floated*

;)

:laugh: Hey at least you got something!

Hahah, that's true! I think my life peaked in second grade, and it's been downhill ever since...:rolleyes:

Did any of you in elementary school have that little program where you could get another girl or guy candy on V-day and they would deliver it to them?

Remember when you were sitting in class and the guy in front of you get's a candygram. The girl to your left gets a candygram. The teacher is passing them out and skipping all around you and then finally she has one more candygram left and is looking around the class smiling.

"This is it! This is *MY* candygram! I know sally from Mrs. Robinson's class sent me one! Oh boy here it comes!"

The teacher would smile, walk towards you and you would get all excited inside. Then she'd walked right past you and give the last one to Bobby that sat right behind you.

:lmao::lmao:... Sigh, now whay do you want to bring up my painful memories..LOL...

My best girlfriend and I always sent each other carnations that the school sold, and would make up a boys name to go on the card.. That way we didnt look like the losers we were back then.. :rolleyes: