Some mail arrived for my ex..if I contact her to tell her is that weakness?

gavinus

Ok long story short. My ex treated me badly and I became a person whose lost all confidence and faith in myself. The last contact we had a few months back I told her I only accept people into my life on the basis of mutual respect, love etc. (She dumped me). Some mail from her doctor arrived the other day. I am torn one part of me wants to contact her, so we meet so i can show her I am a stronger, better person than when she dumped me and what a mistake that was but the other part of me does not want to appear weak. Advice/suggestions. Is it stronger to just write return to sender or do I just put her new address on it? thx heaps :)

Ok long story short. My ex treated me badly and I became a person whose lost all confidence and faith in myself. The last contact we had a few months back I told her I only accept people into my life on the basis of mutual respect, love etc. (She dumped me). Some mail from her doctor arrived the other day. I am torn one part of me wants to contact her, so we meet so i can show her I am a stronger, better person than when she dumped me and what a mistake that was but the other part of me does not want to appear weak. Advice/suggestions. Is it stronger to just write return to sender or do I just put her new address on it? thx heaps :)

If I were you .. I would put the new address on it.. do not contact her.. it's been a few months so she had plenty of time to do her change of address..

in my own personal opinion i wud send it to her new address. or ask her friend to cum get it and get them totake it her. at the end of the day you DO NOT want to contact her. you need to heal and that is not the way. to heal you need to maintain n.c

be strong and no you can find someone else as well! dont rely on one person! love yourself! you was happy before you met them? so be happy now!

and you dont conatact her because your moving on right? your looking after yourself and not being attactched anymore!

thx for advice any reason why NOT to contact her?

Because you wouldn't be contacting her to tell her about the letters. You'd be contacting her to show her she made a mistake in dumping you. The chances of you getting what you want from that are pretty slim; the chances of you getting disappointed or hurt are pretty big. Forward it on to her new address.

• Author

true, the strong thing to do...is to be strong and send the mail to her. I deserve better, thx guys :)

Not sure why you're considering seeing her? Why would you want to see someone who treated you badly, which caused you to lose all confidence and faith in yourself?!

All you need to do is put her new address on it and repost it.

• Author

I know why I wanted to contact her. She is in denial about the abuse she put my through. Also in typical victim style after 3 years of her telling me I was no good and controlling how I lived with her I have been feeling feelings of low self esteem, low self worth and the belief that no women could ever love me for me. She did her job well. I am trying to move on with my life, attend therapy and make positive changes that empower me to move beyond this. The letter that arrived for her hit home for me that she is in total denial of how she treated me which hurts so much. I will write return to sender and move through the grieving process and will not contact her at all, thanks heaps for your support.

Edited by gavinus