Could really use some support

jgaz3124

It has been two and half weeks since my ex broke up with me. Up until now I really haven't felt much about it and in fact I felt better without him, but all of the sudden I feel sad that he is gone. I have been with him on and off for the past two and half years. He always breaks up with me then a couple of weeks later we always get back together. I have had it this time with him breaking up with me and we haven't talked since the breakup. I am all the sudden getting the urge to call him, but I won't or at least I really hope I won't. I am also wanting to delete him from facebook as I keep checking his profile and it is driving me nuts, I told him that I wouldn't delete him as he did not want me to but I really feel the need to, at the same time deleting him from fb is making me really sad and there again I feel this urge to call. I really just want to move on from this and I am hoping that with the support of the people on this forum that I can.

Wow, you and I are in almost the exact same situation! Except it's not weeks until we get back together, it's usually months. I felt the exact same way during this last break up. It started off as me trying to just forget about it and move on, but one day...it just hit me. I broke down and started thinking about him. Then thinking about him came to wanting to contact him....so I made an excuse to talk to him and now I'm feeling more confused...and I think he is too even though he said this time was "for good" when we broke up (How many times have we said that??) Do yourself the favor and delete him from your facebook. to me, being friends on facebook is really just as bad as breaking no contact. Hopefully his page is private so even if you are tempted you wont be able to find out what he's up to...I've learned from experience that sometimes that hurts worse than the break up! Good luck to you!

It has been two and half weeks since my ex broke up with me. Up until now I really haven't felt much about it and in fact I felt better without him, but all of the sudden I feel sad that he is gone. I have been with him on and off for the past two and half years. He always breaks up with me then a couple of weeks later we always get back together. I have had it this time with him breaking up with me and we haven't talked since the breakup. I am all the sudden getting the urge to call him, but I won't or at least I really hope I won't. I am also wanting to delete him from facebook as I keep checking his profile and it is driving me nuts, I told him that I wouldn't delete him as he did not want me to but I really feel the need to, at the same time deleting him from fb is making me really sad and there again I feel this urge to call. I really just want to move on from this and I am hoping that with the support of the people on this forum that I can.

Hi there.:) It sounds as if things have been sort of rocky for a while between you and this guy. So, keep in mind the reasons that make you feel better to not be around him. Try not to give in and contact him, because that will only take you back to square one again. You wish to move forward right? Then do just that. No contact.. and a fresh start in a better direction. It's normal to feel a loss.. so take the time to grieve. But don't look back and second guess things. Look ahead towards being free.

My best to you.

Mea:)

skydiveaddict
I am hoping that with the support of the people on this forum that I can.

Wow misery loves company. I'm there right now too. Hang tough, you will be ok. And do yourself a favor :stop going to his fb page. Like Mea said, try not to have any contact w/ him. That just re-opens wounds that are trying to heal. I've been tempted to do that many times myself. I refuse to. I'm really beginning to hate fb. These are the kind of wounds that only time can heal. But you WILL get over him. In the meantime hang close to your friends,MAKE yourself stay active, try new things, take new risks, like skydiving! It's a rush and you will make many new friends. good luck to ya and HANG TOUGH! you can do it BTW, If you're interested, I can post a link to all the skydive airports in the U.S

SDA

Edited by skydiveaddict
  • Author

Thanks you guys for your support on this. It is actually helpful to know I am not the only one going through this. This is not the first breakup I have gone through and in fact the last ex I had before this one was much worse and I don't feel nearly the pain for this one that I did for that one, but it still hurts and I still feel the need to call. I won't however as I have gone through this before and I do know that nothing good comes from keeping in contact. I like facebook to keep in touch with my friends, but I really do feel that in order to let go completely I need to delete him and I am having the hardest time right now just pressing the delete button and I can't believe it is this hard for me to just go on and do it.

skydiveaddict
I like facebook to keep in touch with my friends, but I really do feel that in order to let go completely I need to delete him and I am having the hardest time right now just pressing the delete button and I can't believe it is this hard for me to just go on and do it.

It's hard to push the delete button 'cause that's human nature. It's hard to let go of things/people you have feelings for. But PUSH THE BUTTON. Look if this guy really wants to be back in your life, no cellphone or computer will prevent him from contacting you. You won't start to heal until you let go. If you keep holding on, you're just going to stay miserable. Put the ball in HIS court for a change. You have to start telling yourself that you will be ok without him, cause it's the truth you will be ok [COLOR=#990000]The No Contact Guide[/COLOR]

Edited by skydiveaddict
  • Author
It's hard to push the delete button 'cause that's human nature. It's hard to let go of things/people you have feelings for. But PUSH THE BUTTON. Look if this guy really wants to be back in your life, no cellphone or computer will prevent him from contacting you. You won't start to heal until you let go. If you keep holding on, you're just going to stay miserable. Put the ball in HIS court for a change. You have to start telling yourself that you will be ok without him, cause it's the truth you will be ok [COLOR=#990000]The No Contact Guide[/COLOR]

Thanks skydiveaddict you said what I needed to hear ok f... it here goes I am going to press the delete button

skydiveaddict
Thanks skydiveaddict you said what I needed to hear ok f... it here goes I am going to press the delete button

good for you girl. did ya do it?

• Author
good for you girl. did ya do it?

Yes I did it, and not only that but I deleted his sister and her boyfriend also, not to be mean to them as they are really nice people and I hope they don't take offense but it was really bugging me to see them online and I would always start to think of him when I did see them.

Well I do feel sad but it also feels good as well.

BIG hugs.

And BIG congrats! It was obviously hard...but you did it. Proved to yourself you ARE strong and you will get through this. If the other two do not understand your actions, and that you needed to do this for you...to me that would just indicate that they haven't been in your position before (and it'll be okay to forgive them for their lack of experience.)

Wishing you good healing.

• Author

Thanks Ronni it was hard and I feel all kinds of stuff but I will be ok and now I know I can go on facebook in peace and just talk with my friends and not stare at the screen all day wondering if he is going to come on. It takes alot of time to just sit here and stare at the screen so I am happy I no longer will have to do that lol

skydiveaddict
Yes I did it, and not only that but I deleted his sister and her boyfriend also, not to be mean to them as they are really nice people and I hope they don't take offense but it was really bugging me to see them online and I would always start to think of him when I did see them.

Well I do feel sad but it also feels good as well.

HELL YEA good for you! You've taken a big step in moving on.. I know it hurts, but that's just part of the healing process we ALL go through when this ***** happens. You're gonna be ok! I promise. Chat up some of your friends, go out for a drink w/them tonite whatever. Keep yourself busy and DONT regret your decision. Nice job!