I Still Miss Her...

USMCHokie

Today would have been our one year anniversary...but it isn't...

It's been so long since I held her...but it still feels like yesterday...

I want to get over it and move on...but I don't want to forget...

I wanted to be in her life...but she didn't want to be in mine...

I still miss her...but she doesn't miss me...

:(

I'm sorry man. Be strong.

Hold me?

...:love:

(no homo) :D

In all seriousness... why be with someone who can't accept us for us? I am beginning to learn this... ever more.

I'm sorry man. Be strong.

Hold me?

...:love:

(no homo) :D

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't see anything wrong with missing people. It's when missing them becomes a hindrance to your productivity when I would start to worry. I miss my ex, but missing him does not make me feel sad or anything. I rather enjoyed my time with him and discovered the beautiful things about life. Believe me, I was one depressed, screwed up chick before he became my friend. :laugh: I guess I just decided to look at the positive sides of that experience after I looked at the whole thing. I'm glad that he and I didn't do the anniversary thing.

Alright, here's the thing.

You don't miss her. Her being the person she is now... you just miss the memories... which is completely understandable.

I know it's tough but with every setback, you rise higher... kinda like an elastic band effect.

Life's too short to waste it like this, brother. Spring's in the air! *hug*

Chin up, DevilDog. When you have these feelings, put on your iPod, some good old Ozzy and run until you drop. Trust me, the endorphins will make you feel better and staves off depression.

In addition you'll get more fit and trim. And ladies love a man in good shape, bruddah!

Semper Fi!

'Today would have been our one year anniversary...but it isn't...

I still miss her...but she doesn't miss me...'

5 days til what would have been my anniversary. I'm so sorry mate, I know how hard this is.

'You don't miss her. Her being the person she is now... you just miss the memories...'

I agree, I miss who she was when she was with me.

stay strong man. you'll get through this. thanks for the posts and the advice you have given me in the past two months!

I :love: you Kel. When you come up here.. we're going to find you a CRAZY girl :D

We have some of those down here in SC.. I have plenty of room at the beach house... :D

• Author
I :love: you Kel. When you come up here.. we're going to find you a CRAZY girl :D

Hahah, I :love: you too, Rob. And she's definitely going to have to be crazy to be interested in me... :rolleyes:

Hahah, no homo...hahah...

But seriously though, I'm looking forward to going up there...

• Author
Alright, here's the thing.

You don't miss her. Her being the person she is now... you just miss the memories... which is completely understandable.

I know it's tough but with every setback, you rise higher... kinda like an elastic band effect.

Life's too short to waste it like this, brother. Spring's in the air! *hug*

You're exactly right...it's not her I miss...I don't even know who she is anymore...

I just miss the memory of who she was when we were together...I miss the memory of us when we were together...the things we did...the things we wanted to do...

I feel like the elastic band is stretched out as far as it will go...for the past few months I've kept the emotions pent up inside, and now it feels like it's all just slowly leaking out...

• Author
stay strong man. you'll get through this. thanks for the posts and the advice you have given me in the past two months!

Of course. It certainly helps me to help others with their issues and questions, but sometimes it gives me a false sense of being healed...I appear that I don't need anymore help to get through my sh*t...but apparently I do...

We have some of those down here in SC.. I have plenty of room at the beach house... :D

Heheh, awesome. I'm actually going to be in SC next weekend.

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way Kelvin!! I know this must be a tough time for you!

I know i've said this many times before (and i'm sure i'll say it many more times), you are a wonderful man. These feelings that you are experiencing (as said in a previous post) are more of just you missing the memories than anything else. The up side to that, is that this won't stay with you forever. Just like every other memory you have, the feelings of nostalgia will pass.

Push through this, you have a lot of people that are there for you to help during this time.

PS - Think about all of the fun we will have when we go to Boston!!! It'll cheer you up! :D

• Author
I'm so sorry you are feeling this way Kelvin!! I know this must be a tough time for you!

I know i've said this many times before (and i'm sure i'll say it many more times), you are a wonderful man. These feelings that you are experiencing (as said in a previous post) are more of just you missing the memories than anything else. The up side to that, is that this won't stay with you forever. Just like every other memory you have, the feelings of nostalgia will pass.

Push through this, you have a lot of people that are there for you to help during this time.

PS - Think about all of the fun we will have when we go to Boston!!! It'll cheer you up! :D

Hey Erica...thanks again for the kind words...

I don't feel like I'm having any more major setbacks or McGrupps (sorry buddy, it just works...) or even those minor episodes that Rob has been having...it's just a calm, quiet, and constant lull...it doesn't get better, but it doesn't get worse...

I think it's become a matter of not having new memories to think about...so I am always falling back on old memories of her and the relationship...and it's not really all that nostalgic anymore...it's just there...

And I can't wait for Boston...:)

Hey Erica...thanks again for the kind words...

I don't feel like I'm having any more major setbacks or McGrupps (sorry buddy, it just works...) or even those minor episodes that Rob has been having...it's just a calm, quiet, and constant lull...it doesn't get better, but it doesn't get worse...

I think it's become a matter of not having new memories to think about...so I am always falling back on old memories of her and the relationship...and it's not really all that nostalgic anymore...it's just there...

And I can't wait for Boston...:)

I know what you mean. It's a pretty big annoyance. But you'll get through this. Just hang in there! :D

I totally get that. I feel the same. It's not like I'm having any major episodes, but it's still there lingering.

And I also think I miss who my ex WAS. She's not the same anymore.I miss a person who really doesn't exist, at least not in the same form I once knew. But it's hard. I don't get it. I remember all those times and how great it felt to have someone like that in my life, to be so close. And now to think it's all just a memory in my head, and that's all it will ever be now.

Sad.

Stay strong though. It would've been our six year anniversary on the 28th of February (the 29th really, we met on leap year). It's gonna be rough for me.

skydiveaddict

I feel exactly like you right now man. It's incredible how the human mind will hold on to memories/emotions that are so painful. I know things will get better with time, but my goodness how much time? It's been four months and, just like you, to me it feels like just yesterday.

Edited by skydiveaddict