Is it wrong to take satisfaction in this?

now_what

I should be nicer, but... My sister called me yesterday and told me she saw my ex at Wal-Mart. She had not seen him since 4th of July 2008. Since then he had left me for an old biker chick after 30 years of marriage. Anyway, he tried to hide from her, but she would not let him do that. She made sure that he saw her. She said she just gave him a big smile and said "Hi". He just said "Hi" back. What is funny is that she said he was "huge", big gut, fat a**, and she said he looked like sh**. I have not seen seen or actually spoken to him since last May. She said his new wife is perfect for him, since he is now fat, biker trash.

I just found this to be slightly amusing. He is still trying to hide from everyone, like a little scared boy. He really needs to get over himself, because I am certainly over him.

You can take satisfaction in the fact that you can move on and not have to be with him. :)

He has his own problems and you no longer have a connection with him to really care about them. So, feelings of empathy or sympathy is not warranted as he left you for someone else. He will certainly have to accept the way he is (if he is happy) or work on himself (if he is not). But, that's besides the point. I guess you see the brighter side of things. ;)

Thats amusing that he would still act that way. After 30 years of marriage for something like that to happen, i would find amusement that he still tries to hide himself. He should just own up to what he did, and walk with his head up, since thats the way he was feeling when he cheated on you, they all do.

• Author

I know I sound pretty flip about this, and I certainly want to be over him, but we have three children (only 1 daughter still at home) so there is still some connection. It would be easier if there were not. As time goes on , he is having less contact with the children - our daughters at least, he still talks to our son that lives out of state once in a while. He is really alienating himself from the girls. My younger daughter has never said anything about the "step mother", but she did mention that she wants no contact with this woman at all. My ex stopped over at my older daughter's house to exchange Christmas gifts with the girls and my daughter said his wife sat there and played with and stroked his thigh the whole time they were there - all of 20 minutes actually. She thought that was pretty low class to do that in front of his daughters.

The whole thing is pretty sad, he has gone from a respectable professional man to a fat biker with a low class white trash biker wife.

• Author

Guess, I'm just having a bad day. I wonder how things changed so much. My ex used to be a cub scout leader and soccer coach. He would go to all of our kid's activities and concerts. We used to enjoy doing things as a family and as a couple. I had looked forward to this time where the demands of the family were less and we could spend more time together. Only, he decided to spend this time with someone else. His free time now is either spent on a bike or on a bar stool. And what I don't understand, his dad did the very same thing to him and he hated him for it. His dad didn't become a biker, but he went from being a highway patrolman to selling mobile homes and left him and his mother and sister for another woman and had very little contact with his family. When his dad died, he didn't even care.

I wish I knew how people change so much so fast. It would answer a lot of questions for sure. I can't compare to 30 years only three.

My ex was also into soccer, baseball, church, scouts and just up and left one day. No explanation. The kids were always her our life and it's now her lowlife friends. They sit in coffee shops for 25-35 hours at a time, smoke cigarettes nonstop, her new BF has never worked(except to sell drugs now and then). She went from a manager to a min. wage job.

Now she calls me to boost her ego, her self esteem is in the gutter, she puts herself down all the time and wants me to boost her ego. I tried to explain it's not always what we do but who we hang with. I've told her she's not the women I fell in love with and she thinks she's changed for the better.

Oh well it's been a while since I vented. I look it as entertainment at this point. My down fall is the love of the kids and I feel bad for them.

Guess, I'm just having a bad day. I wonder how things changed so much. My ex used to be a cub scout leader and soccer coach. He would go to all of our kid's activities and concerts. We used to enjoy doing things as a family and as a couple. I had looked forward to this time where the demands of the family were less and we could spend more time together. Only, he decided to spend this time with someone else. His free time now is either spent on a bike or on a bar stool. And what I don't understand, his dad did the very same thing to him and he hated him for it. His dad didn't become a biker, but he went from being a highway patrolman to selling mobile homes and left him and his mother and sister for another woman and had very little contact with his family. When his dad died, he didn't even care.