If your ex broke up with you...

EM47

Forget him or her. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you? You are better than that.

1. Stop thinking about them
  2. Delete their number for your phone
  3. I can almost promise your ex wasn't perfect and someone better will come along...IF you allow yourself to move on
  4. This is a perfect time to improve yourself in every way possible

I was crushed when my ex broke up with me. Took my time to heal..and now found someone better. My ex wants to get back with me, she knows she made a huge mistake breaking up with me...and now I am the one saying "you had your chance with me, you blew it...I don't want to be with you anymore"

Good luck, you can do it too...if I can, anyone can :)

This post has CaliGuy's seal of approval.

Never, ever waste your time on someone that doesn't value you in the same way you value them. The sooner you let them go, the sooner you'll find the RIGHT one :)

hey EM i was looking through your previous posts. not too many about the breakup so much,. as you met someone online i assume?

anyway just wondering some details for us looking for some hope in a new relationship...

• Author

Yeah, i met my ex though a friend of a friend, and after the breakup was a bit depressed etc so decided to try online to meet some people (a paid site) and ended up going out with a lot of girls (near 15 within 2 months, which is a lot for me), and finally found one (i think) who i click with and love being with...much more than my ex even. :)

thats cool. im trying online but am still pretty depressed about my breakup. seems im not though when i go out and meet new women.

i think that is a huge step for guys, to help us get over these ex's. but we really have to be proactive because sitting around waiting for another to fall into our laps WONT happen im pretty sure...

that gotta be the best feeling ever...when an ex asks you back and your like...NO!

x 2.

it's funny.. women smell confidence and can sense when you're heartsick and feeling blue.

before my ex.. so many girls/women wanted me.

during my time w/ said ex... girls/women wanted me.

after... 0. My close female friends are working overtime (thank god for them) to support me mentally so I may heal myself... heh

i feel you boat. man when i met my ex in college i had hooked up with 4 girls that weekend and she was the last one and the hottest and coolest whatever so i took her under my wings.

then the rest of school i stayed faithful but had to bat them off with a stick.

ok. college ends female friends come home from their schools and they cant have me but love me and want it.

then she leaves and suddenly i cant get a date for a friday night if it kills me.

I agree, EM. Only thing I'd change is to give up the anger. No need to feel smug about denying someone. They're in the past, FORGET THEM.

i feel you boat. man when i met my ex in college i had hooked up with 4 girls that weekend and she was the last one and the hottest and coolest whatever so i took her under my wings.

then the rest of school i stayed faithful but had to bat them off with a stick.

ok. college ends female friends come home from their schools and they cant have me but love me and want it.

then she leaves and suddenly i cant get a date for a friday night if it kills me.

I've actually had the pleasure of personally telling an ex that left me that I didn't want her back. Another left me, and when I did see her face to face for the first time she tried to kiss me and I wouldn't let her. The look on her face was priceless! She got the message and I never heard from her again. Never, ever take back someone that walked away from you. If you do, you're just asking to be kicked in the teeth again because there is a 99.9% chance that they WILL leave you again at some point.

Yes, this thread is awesome. And, I completely agree with the OP.

And, I agree, if an ex tries to come back after leaving you, there is every chance he/she will do it again.

unfortunately my ex will never make the effort to come back to me.. so I will never know this feeling.

oh well. moving on with life

unfortunately my ex will never make the effort to come back to me.. so I will never know this feeling.

This applies to me as well.

1. Stop thinking about them
  2. Delete their number for your phone
  3. I can almost promise your ex wasn't perfect and someone better will come along...IF you allow yourself to move on
  4. This is a perfect time to improve yourself in every way possible

The only thing I agree with are numbers three and four. First, it's impossible for me to stop thinking about my ex. He was my best friend for four years [a years before we got into a relationship]. This guy was involved in the major events in my life when people claiming to be my friends weren't. I know his number by heart, and I did delete it months ago: the time he and I broke up before this, but I still remember it. It's not going away. I know he wasn't perfect, and if you find someone perfect for me, I assure you he'd be slightly similar to my ex. I've been working on self improvement for over a year. I'm there. Except...I think I may be receding too far into my own thoughts. People think I'm always talking to myself, but I'm probably praying. I've found praying about the smallest things is calming.

If my ex came back to me right now, I wouldn't take him back. In a few years if I'm still single, I'd take him back if I think he's fixed the things I suggested. I would not take pleasure in rejecting him; I just want my friend back. I think that's why it's so hard. I don't regret our relationship, but I do hate that it ending ruined our friendship.

i second that...

i bet it might be fun, but im also glad that she won't come back

The only thing I agree with are numbers three and four. First, it's impossible for me to stop thinking about my ex. He was my best friend for four years [a years before we got into a relationship]. This guy was involved in the major events in my life when people claiming to be my friends weren't. I know his number by heart, and I did delete it months ago: the time he and I broke up before this, but I still remember it. It's not going away. I know he wasn't perfect, and if you find someone perfect for me, I assure you he'd be slightly similar to my ex. I've been working on self improvement for over a year. I'm there. Except...I think I may be receding too far into my own thoughts. People think I'm always talking to myself, but I'm probably praying. I've found praying about the smallest things is calming.

If my ex came back to me right now, I wouldn't take him back. In a few years if I'm still single, I'd take him back if I think he's fixed the things I suggested. I would not take pleasure in rejecting him; I just want my friend back. I think that's why it's so hard. I don't regret our relationship, but I do hate that it ending ruined our friendship.

My most recent ex claimed that she had never been dumped by any man. She was used to men calling, texting, emailing; pretty much stalking her after a break-up. I did absolutely none of these and I think it was a very rude awakening for her. I'm pretty sure I shattered her ego by not falling for her game. All these people want sometimes is attention until they can find someone better (or someone they may think is better). If you go back, they'll keep you around until the next victim, then you're out the door again.

I've had three come back. The first was an Ex. wife and I laughed in her face. Yes that was nice.

One GF from before that even came back after about three years and I was married a year, that one I talked to like a human she was cool.

This last one who I loved more then any of the past just changed way to much and overnight at that. She came to me I swear she was strung out and I was way cruel to her.

She still calls and runs into me. She has cleaned herself up but she still hangs with loser's. Actually has called 3-4 times per week the last 2 weeks and I know she'll call this week again. She has hurt so many people and used so many good friends of ours I don't know if I will even ever like her again.