How would you react if your ex contacts you on Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day)?

bananaboat11

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is all I can say.

Right now... this year... first year in many... February 14th is JUST ANOTHER DAY.

Don't want to ask anyone... don't want to do anything. I just want to live my life. I was thinking though, if she contacts me on V-day (which, again, I doubt she will ever contact me again - but the thought still popped in my head)... I don't know how I would handle it. :eek:

What about you?

annxxdisaster

I don't know why my ex would do it either.

But I'd probably laugh and think to myself, "Well, look what the cat dragged in..."

And then call my mom, sister, my best friends and make fun of it.

Hmmmm...considering it's my birthday as well, that's a tough question. I suppose I would be lying if I told you that I didn't want to hear from her, but I won't be holding my breath. If she did say something like "Happy B-day", I would probably respond with a "Thank you" several hours later. But, I'm hoping I will be hanging with a girl that day, so it will soften the blow.

:: pulls out boat paddle::

I don't think about it, because it won't happen. And yes, V-Day is just another day. Luckily I'll be at a golf tournament in Myrtle Beach that weekend, so I'll have better things to do.

It would have been a little over a year this V-Day. What once was and what could have been. Sigh. :(

Uh, I am dreading if he decides to do anything, I doubt he will as he has his new girl, and was never into V day and all that jazz, but the day itself was special to us for another reason, and it's because of that that I'm really not looking forward to it.

Not too sure how I'd cope, bit of a tricky one. I just hope he doesn't contact!

DenverBachelor

If she contacts me on Feb 14'th, it will probably be to let me know my restraining order is good for another 67 days.

curiousnycgirl

I would probably cry and be back at square one as far as healing goes. But he won't and I'll be crushed over that as well.

I doubt my ex will contact me again for some time.

But it'd be our 2 year anniversary on feb 14th this year.

Last year without being crass I was balls deep in a rebound relationship when she broke up with me first time round, so who knows what will happen, I hate valentines day but it's always eventful for me or so it seems...

lastnight x

I wouldn't even worry about it. Whether or not she contacts you is of no importance (remember?!). In all reality, Valentines Day is just another average day. Treat it as one.

If she ever contacts you, this is what I want you to say, "I see you've finally come to your senses! Fortunatly enough, so have I. Don't contact me again."

:D

• Author
I wouldn't even worry about it. Whether or not she contacts you is of no importance (remember?!). In all reality, Valentines Day is just another average day. Treat it as one.

If she ever contacts you, this is what I want you to say, "I see you've finally come to your senses! Fortunatly enough, so have I. Don't contact me again."

you are brilliant!

I could hug you right now

I like that Erica.

I'm still numb, but I know I'll be ok.

If she did phone me I wouldn't answer anyway, I'd let her sweat and keep calling, and then, maybe, just maybe eventually I'd answer the phone to her and say.

"What do you want from me."

x

Hehe this really made me laugh! That's just awesome Erica, thank you! x

you are brilliant!

I could hug you right now

Thaaanks!! :bunny:

I like that Erica.

I'm still numb, but I know I'll be ok.

If she did phone me I wouldn't answer anyway, I'd let her sweat and keep calling, and then, maybe, just maybe eventually I'd answer the phone to her and say.

"What do you want from me."

x

I wouldn't even give her that much. Let her sweat it out. Forever. Best form of revenge, IMO.

Hehe this really made me laugh! That's just awesome Erica, thank you! x

You're very welcome! Glad I could make you laugh! :D

• Author

I hate having a best friend who is a woman who is my ex's age... and has played a boy like my ex played me... :rolleyes:

...tonight as soon as we left the gym... of course, my ex comes up in conversation. Immediately... I get pissed. What's the next thing my best friend tells me... "Rob, she's going to come back... get over it." Holy crap the **** hit the fan.... :mad:

but then she apologized.

Why do friends keep doing this? :mad:

I WAS going to go out tonight... but I think I'm just going to take a cold shower and lie down on my couch and watch some 'macho' movie... like 'The Rock' or 'House on Haunted Hill' or 'Saving Private Ryan'... hmmm... or Terminator 2!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

I think any ex who messaged you on this day was trying to mess with you head. What about all the other days like your birthday or christmas or your anniversary?

To me it says i'm feeling lonely and i need to know that someone is excited to hear from me.

If they caredabout you they would be messaging you on a day that meant something special to YOU.

I think any ex who messaged you on this day was trying to mess with you head. What about all the other days like your birthday or christmas or your anniversary?

To me it says i'm feeling lonely and i need to know that someone is excited to hear from me.

If they caredabout you they would be messaging you on a day that meant something special to YOU.

After hearing nothing from my ex on my birthday back in November, that's when I knew I'd never hear from her again, regardless of the day it was.

I hate having a best friend who is a woman who is my ex's age... and has played a boy like my ex played me... :rolleyes:

...tonight as soon as we left the gym... of course, my ex comes up in conversation. Immediately... I get pissed. What's the next thing my best friend tells me... "Rob, she's going to come back... get over it." Holy crap the **** hit the fan.... :mad:

but then she apologized.

Why do friends keep doing this? :mad:

I WAS going to go out tonight... but I think I'm just going to take a cold shower and lie down on my couch and watch some 'macho' movie... like 'The Rock' or 'House on Haunted Hill' or 'Saving Private Ryan'... hmmm... or Terminator 2!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Friends have the best intentions, they really do. The problem with most friends, though, is that they tell you the things they think you want to hear. As opposed to what you need to hear. That's why I love LS so much. I get real advice.

As far as tonight goes, it's really all about what you feel like doing. If you want to go out, go out. If you feel like staying in, stay in. But do not, under any circumstance, let the thought of your ex bring you to the point of not wanting to do anything. You're too good for that.

Awww...poor Rob...you pathetic schmuck...I have a great idea...we can watch The Notebook together!!! :)

Awww...poor Rob...you pathetic schmuck...I have a great idea...we can watch The Notebook together!!! :)

Oooooooh can I come!? I love that movie!!!!

Valentines day I might send my Ex a card....

...F**king sympathy card to say SORRY but I really cant be @rsed any more !!!

• Author
Friends have the best intentions, they really do. The problem with most friends, though, is that they tell you the things they think you want to hear. As opposed to what you need to hear. That's why I love LS so much. I get real advice.

As far as tonight goes, it's really all about what you feel like doing. If you want to go out, go out. If you feel like staying in, stay in. But do not, under any circumstance, let the thought of your ex bring you to the point of not wanting to do anything. You're too good for that.

Oooooooh can I come!? I love that movie!!!!

Hahahaha awww, thanks Erica. Thanks hokie :love: I :love: you guys.

Hahahaha awww, thanks Erica. Thanks hokie :love: I :love: you guys.

Aw! I :love: you too Rob!!

You really need to come down this way, the three of us could do some serious damage!! :laugh:

• Author
Aw! I :love: you too Rob!!

You really need to come down this way, the three of us could do some serious damage!! :laugh:

Where's here? And are you sure? I bite! :p

I'm stuck up in Amherst, Massachusetts... college town full of immature undergrads. Not saying I'm any better b/c I'm a graduate student... but since entering into grad school... I've had to set my priorities straight. No more partying like it's 1999. :(