facebook blocked

nekoxchaos

Ex blocked me on facebook, I can see his wall but cant post on it or see his friends post. After the breakup I tried really hard not to look at his facebook but one day decided to just look at it for a second. I'm not sure when he blocked me but we have been having regular conversations on a daily basis, so after finding that out I was kind offended and upset.... especially since now he doesn't want to tell me why he blocked me but still posted on my wall recently? like things were normal.

Is it wierd or is it just me?

I know an ex is an ex for a reason but he was open to being friends,

recently his been acting distant and now its no communication.

I have to admit that in the past I used to freak out over posts on his

facebook while we were together so Im pretty sure thats one of the reasons why he blocked me.

almostpassedit

you won't really know the real reason why he blocked you.

maybe he doesn't want you to see certain things.

maybe he feels he is protecting you.

maybe he just felt like blocking you

it could be 100 things and you will never know and you will always wonder but in the end, just note he doesn't want to be with you so it doesn't matter what he is or isn't doing.

you just have to get some distance via time and try to not let the things he does bother you or make you wonder.

smartlypretty
I think you need to adjust your FB settings also.

I agree- interesting, too, that he blocked you and posted on yours. Almost like he wanted you to know/be hurt?:confused:

PandaStillLovesBunny
I agree- interesting, too, that he blocked you and posted on yours. Almost like he wanted you to know/be hurt?:confused:

Yeah, my ex did the same thing. I removed her as a friend, and when she found out she added me as a friend again, then blocked me so that I'd have to go to Facebook and see that she had done so. Typical game-playing.

• Author

I know I should block him too

but its stupid and I have nothing to hide,

also before we stopped talking he kept showing me

pictures from his facebook on aim since his gallery is on private...

or linking my pictures from my public photo gallery during our

conversations

which is wierder .... I really dont get it.

Whatever time is starting to make things feel less painful

hopefully things settle out and stop getting weird

Yeah, my ex did the same thing. I removed her as a friend, and when she found out she added me as a friend again, then blocked me so that I'd have to go to Facebook and see that she had done so. Typical game-playing.

You've said it. Sick game playing alright.

I won't delete my ex from FB but I have hidden his posts so I can't see anything he does. The only thing he can do is post something directly to my wall on purpose OR send a message to my inbox.

The gem of "hiding" is that if the ex does post on your wall or messages your inbox, that means they are contacting you to YOU. Not to all friends like on the Home/Status Update pages...directly to you.

So they can't play any games as if to pretend that what they are posting is for EVERYBODY.Works for me!

but think about, it's for the better. everytime I look at my exes facebook I'll see references to her new guy and them hanging out and it just hits me in the gut and I feel like crap for hours. I want to see what she's doing with her new guy but everytime I do I feel terrible and start wanting to contact her again.

if you're going to be on facebook start talking with your other fbook friends and maybe start up something else. add that friend you always wanted too but were too nervous. ask someone to hang out that you usually don't spend time with. just get your mind of their facebook.

I've been in the same boat, but listen to yourselves. You're debating the semantics of blocking them, or hiding their accounts.

Just delete them.

It's a big mind **** and it's not needed.

Yes. deleting is best, but I don't know why I keep looking! It's like it's my only connection to this person with whom I was with almost everyday for the last 4 months! But then when I do look, I'm devastated, esp. when they have blocked you and given you only limited access (no wall), but only their pix and esp. when they have deleted pix of you and them!

I've been in the same boat, but listen to yourselves. You're debating the semantics of blocking them, or hiding their accounts.

Just delete them.

It's a big mind **** and it's not needed.

But just like brand new members who DESPERATELY have cell in hand while some of us are on a stage where we know we aren't going to do that at all....some people need to do things in baby steps.

Love can easily become an addiction and just like an addict..rehab is needed. Some can't do that cold turkey. They can't delete the ex' phone number, MySpace, Facebook, etc. So even my suggestion of hiding is good for those not ready to delete. It will get the dumpee used to not seeing that person's business and ultimately become a piece of cake to delete them entirely. It worked wonders for me.:)