I feel nothing

Dark_of_the_Moon

Dark_of_the_Moon

So...is still comparing men to your ex...for good or ill, a sign I have still not recovered?

I'm trying to move forward but, I keep having these hits of memories or whatever....I've gone out a couple of times and had some nice conversations....nothing more with guys.

I just don't FEEL anything anymore....like I have no emotions left unless I am weeping. I feel no pull or attraction or desire for anyone at all.

Its like I have a wall around me, no one can see me and I cant touch or be touched. I hate it but, I didnt make a door to escape from. I dont want pain and its all I see. IM not making any sense even to myself.......

Yes, I would say that comparing potential new partners to your ex IS a sign that you have not recovered totally yet. I can say this cos I feel the same way.

You say you dont feel that you are making sense even to yourself, but I dont think you have anything to worry about. Truth is, you are aware that you dont feel anything for anyone new and so your eyes are open. Try not to worry, it will happen when it happens.

My ex left me 7 months ago, and I am still not ready for anyone else, but I have moved on. You will feel attraction to someone soon but it will happen when you are ready.

T

I know exactly what you are going through. I went through that same exact thing myself.

It really sucks, not being able to feel anything. Except sadness.

Me and my ex broke up about 4 months ago, and i'm slowly starting to feel that wall beginning to come down.

It'll happen when your mind is ready for it to happen. You can't force it. You just gotta learn to live with it, and not expect too much from yourself right now. You are healing. Allow it to happen.

I feel I will compare my ex to other men for a long time realistically, as we were together 18 years and the love was so deep. But there will come a point where I don't want to be alone anymore.

Feeling numb can be depression, I have had that before with depression. At the moment though I feel way too much and I really don't want to.

I have a wall around me too, although not a very solid one where is my ex is concerned, he could get back in but I wont even let myself hug my cuddly Bagpuss anymore (soft toy cat) like I used to, like I don't want any affection from anywhere now, except from my ex and I would be hesitant, one step back.

((((((hugs))))))

So...is still comparing men to your ex...for good or ill, a sign I have still not recovered?

I'm trying to move forward but, I keep having these hits of memories or whatever....I've gone out a couple of times and had some nice conversations....nothing more with guys.

I just don't FEEL anything anymore....like I have no emotions left unless I am weeping. I feel no pull or attraction or desire for anyone at all.

Its like I have a wall around me, no one can see me and I cant touch or be touched. I hate it but, I didnt make a door to escape from. I dont want pain and its all I see. IM not making any sense even to myself.......

It is not a wall it is a scab, your healing, allow yourself time, the scab will fall off and you will barely remember it was there.

YOur doing just fine be kind to yourself.