"I think I can do better"

prayingshecomesback

• Author
prayingshecomesback

In today's world, the broken hearted usually describes someone who has suffered a failed relationship or loss of a loved one. A search of the internet makes it appear as though almost all heartbreak comes from divorce or a being dropped by a lover. But a broken heart may be brought on by a myriad of causes such as disappointment in a child's lifestyle, loss of possession, loss of job, etc. Whatever the cause, the pain of a broken heart can be enormous.

Rejection is a momentary bump in the road. You have a choice to either allow that bump to derail you and walk wounded, or you can choose to move forward in grace.

I think that video sums it up how we should move forward in grace.

I think I handled my breakup pretty well. But I would say that I am still walking wounded. The pain of not the rejection, but the loneliness is what gets me. Not that I am uncomfortable being alone, but moreso that I don't have someone intimately to share who I am with. Everyone I've met since the break up has been... drab and uninspiring.

• Author
prayingshecomesback
I think I handled my breakup pretty well. But I would say that I am still walking wounded. The pain of not the rejection, but the loneliness is what gets me. Not that I am uncomfortable being alone, but moreso that I don't have someone intimately to share who I am with. Everyone I've met since the break up has been... drab and uninspiring.

You were born into this world with nothing, and you will leave this world with nothing. I know it can be lonely. I am right there with you. But just remember of all the good things you have in your life. Keep thinking that you will find somebody better. Somebody who really loves you and deserves your love. The only reason why you havent met that right person...is because you havent met them...YET. Dont expect to come out of a relationship and find the next person that will knock you off your feet. It takes time to find that someone right. I dated 2 girls right out of my relationship with my GF of 3 years who dumped me. One was a Miss North Carolina, the other was an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader. Talk about rebounding...wow. Built the confidence up, but they were just not right for me. I know in my heart that God will never forsake me or leave me, and he is paving that road to that special someone I will meet and be with forever. I trust him with all my heart. 31 years old.... not giving up hope.

You were born into this world with nothing, and you will leave this world with nothing.

So true.

You can overcome loneliness by reacquainting yourself with the most important person in your life: YOU. You can be your own best friend. Do what YOU want to do.

My analogy of breaking up:

You glue two pieces of paper together and let it sit and dry for however long the relationship lasts. Mine was 3.5 years. Try ripping those two pieces apart again. No wonder it's painful.

• Author
prayingshecomesback
So true.

You can overcome loneliness by reacquainting yourself with the most important person in your life: YOU. You can be your own best friend. Do what YOU want to do.

My analogy of breaking up:

You glue two pieces of paper together and let it sit and dry for however long the relationship lasts. Mine was 3.5 years. Try ripping those two pieces apart again. No wonder it's painful.

Good analogy. How many times have you ever heard of someone who said "My ex was may much better than my current"... Hardly ever. The truth is you do find somebody better. I will one day laugh at why I went through so much anguish and heartache over someone who rejected me. There is a time to grieve and I went through that stage pretty hard over the first couple months... now it is turning into strength. I have spent my time trying to figure out why this happened to me. Lots of time wondering why god did this to me...but...

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. (Isaiah 55:8)

I rejoice knowing that he knows what is best for me!