I'm new -- My heartbreak story

MorningSmile

Hi all. I'm new to this website (but I have been reading it for the past couple of weeks).

My story: Its been 2 months since I've seen my ex (still weird to say ex) and its been a rollercoaster. We both just finished college. We broke up because he moved away, far far away for a job. We dated for a year and few months. He didnt want a LDR, he said were too young, that could mean marriage if we pursue that and he wasnt ready for that. 2 phone calls after he left and things ended. He ended it even though I just to play it off like it was a mutual decision. We havnt spoken since. No communication. That is the most painful part of it all.

So many times I thought of contacting him. So many times I wanted to email him telling him I miss him, I want to at least have him in my life but then I realize, what would be the point? How can I be friends with someone I have feelings for? I'll just get upset if he treats me like a friend, if I'll start waiting on his calls or emails. I'm not ready for that.

People move on from break ups ALL THE TIME. I mean I just started my adult life. Its hard, but I know I can do it. People divorce (and I cant imagine how that would feel) and still find someone new and are HAPPIER than before. Look at me, how can I complain?

He was my second boyfriend ever and although I feel like I dont need any more experience in the boys department and would be content with him, maybe he's right. How would I know he was right for me if I dont go out there and date others? He needs that too. We both do. Forever right now is too soon, and I owe myself to experience what else is out there.

Last night, I went out with a couple gfs and one of my friends told me a really interesting story: Her mom got divorced 2 years ago. And a couple months ago she thought of a love she had when she was 20. He asked her to marry him and she said 'no'. She was too young. She married. Had kids. Divorced. And now, 30 years later she thought of him. Funny thing is a few months before that same man thought of her too but couldnt find her. She found him, she visited him. He was also recently divorced. They clicked. Now, they were ready and they are married now. My friend is so happy for her mom which is strange, considering her mom is with a new man.

Hold on & move on. If its meant to be, its meant to be. :)

I'm very happy that I have my friends to stop me from calling or emailing me. My pride and self respect our worth SO MUCH more than contacting him to hear him reject me again. After all, if he wanted me he could have contacted me. But he didnt. and he might never will. Oh well. His loss. :)

Edited by MorningSmile

You have a very good attitude that will make this "in between" stuff much easier on you. Enjoy you self discovery.

Great attitude, your better off then most people on this forum. You seem to have your head on your shoulders and that is good. It only gets easier, and soon you'll meet some guy that blows you off your heels. Go out and have fun, and don't look back. If it works out it works out but don't hold any hopes. If you have anymore questions post on this forum! these people are great and willing to help. Good luck and have fun!

Thebob