It's overwhelming at times

GrayClouds

I try to keep a sense of humor about it all, generally do a pretty good job. Yes some of it is cover-up , a bit of over compensation, a way to hide some of the real feelings. But this particular time, I will give that up;

Sometimes I read these post and I get overwhelmed; to hear so many hurting and in pain, the sadness and the depression. While I am past most of it, I do remember how bad it can be. I astounds me how hurtful, with and without malice, people can be to each other.

For those in the thick of it, it does get better. The first weeks and months it is insanity; obsessive thinking, inability to sleep, self flagellation, anxiety, anger and tears. Tour going to feel it all so don't fight it but do not hold on to it. Then there comes moments when these small points of light will breaks through the darkness of pain. At first those rays just remind you of how much hurt your in, but at some point, how far you have come. And when you think your through some unexpectedly pulls you back. But now your an old hand at it, knowing this too shell pass. And then, just as unexpectedly, something else comes along and reminds you that you have something to offer, and while life has it struggles, you find you want to see what other surprises await you.

For those in the insanity, preserver,

For those who can see the light, make your crazy your friend.

Sometimes I feel like I need to be in a 5x5 cushioned room with a straightjacket.

*bounces back and forth between the walls*