"This isn't an American Romance Movie"

DustySaltus

That's what she told me the other day when I broke contact after about a month. The contact that we had at that time a month ago was in regards to the engagement ring, which she has decided to keep. Anyway, most of you know my story or can look it up. Here's the icing on the cake:

My aunt, who is probably my closest relative after my immediate family was hospitalized with a possible brain aneurysm. Things weren't looking too well (have since somewhat stabilized, thank god) and in a moment of weakness I called her.

It wasn't a great conversation and we ended up arguing for over an hour and a half. I guess it was a "last great exchange".

Things she told me:

1. She was completely justified in trying to get me fired from my job after all I did to her. She said her friends and family were so disappointed in me and I asked her if she told them the whole story that she tried to get me fired and she said yes...yeah right.

2. I went into our relationship like I was a 16 year old. And this isn't "an American Romance Movie"....right it was a drama by far. But all the while I was being rational during the decision making process. Where was I going to work? Don't worry D, just get over here already we'll figure it out. How'd that work out K????????

3. Doesn't believe that anything I may have did to hurt her was a porduct of assimilating in a new country, not because I didn't want to be with her.

Here are the three things that really show how much of a wackjob she is though:

She told me that she was already engaged again to someone else.....then proceeded to laugh and say it was a bad joke.

Told me that I shouldn't feel bad, she was on a date with another guy and her friend said I was WAY better looking....gee thanks!

Said that if she really wanted to be with me she wouldn't have waited this long for it to happen. Although she has been keeping in contact through all types of mind games with the ring and my belongings. (Which I have since taken as a "loss" as per Caliguy's advice...which I should've continued to take, sorry buddy).

Then she proceeded to try AND HAVE PHONE SEX WITH ME!!! After all the nasty crap we went through and this conversation. Well, I had my answer right there and said to myself that this girl is definetly a borderline personality and complete wackjob.

Just please learn from my mistakes. If I ever took my own advice on these boards, I would be in such a better place right now. Stay NC. You can't make someone change the person they are, no matter how hard you try. I know she will continue to try and play games with me in the future, but this was the last response she will ever get from me.

Please learn from me

D.

Well I guess the only thing I can say about this is hopefully these things help you to move on...

Good luck mate.

Strange girl. I guess you've found clarity and she'd shown you her true colours. Dusty, i hope this will help you move on now... :)

Logitech, you hang in there too buddy...you're doing well so far.