i cant decide whether to block his number or not

EmptyPromises

i keep blocking and unblocking it because i dont know which one makes me come off stronger. blocking it or unblocking it and ignoring his calls and texts? he left me absolutely heartbroken after a year and a half. he usually has nothing good to say when he texts me and i really just want to move on.

opinions?

Empty Promises, am I correct in that your relationship was discussed in other threads that involved you both hurling abuse at each other??

If that's the case it isn't about showing him which is stronger. Since you're so torn about it, just block it. Move away from the abuse. It doesn't matter any more what he thinks because he is no longer a part of your life.

Not blocking the number is practically breaking NC. Waiting for him to call you so you can ignore it is just another reason to hang on, and wont help you move on. Since youve still been in touch with him for the last year and a half, and he moved on, you have clearly showed that you are not that strong, so it doesnt make a diffrence. Dont worry about how it looks to him, worry about healing and moving on. Block his number. Move on to another guy.

i keep blocking and unblocking it because i dont know which one makes me come off stronger. blocking it or unblocking it and ignoring his calls and texts? he left me absolutely heartbroken after a year and a half. he usually has nothing good to say when he texts me and i really just want to move on.

opinions?

Hells yes. stop this cycle of abuse and dependancy on him.

• Author

i made the decision that i dont want him in my life anymore. and i am going to stick to it. i want him to hurt. i know hes going to call me and text me. and what would hurt you more? if your ex blocked you? or if your ex ignored you?

To answer your question honestly, being ignored is worse than being blocked. But for your own sanity, you should go with BLOCKED instead of ignoring. Either way will hurt him a fair bit, maybe being ignored would hurt a little more. BUT the tradeoff is that youll be hurting yourself every time you see him calling, remembering him, etc, so it's better to block it and never know that the calls are coming.

i made the decision that i dont want him in my life anymore. and i am going to stick to it. i want him to hurt. i know hes going to call me and text me. and what would hurt you more? if your ex blocked you? or if your ex ignored you?

He dumped you, a year and a half ago. He's not goin to be hurt at all, hes been over you. So you dont block his number for him, you do it FOR YOU. Only.

Block him. Looking back about a month ago I wish I did it, because it just prolongs the pain and drama...Block him if you have that option and move on. Life is too short!

maybe you misread but we were together for a year and half and broke up a week ago

You broke up in june then got back together, I remember all your roller coaster emotion posts. Just block his number.

You have to forget about him and concentrate on sorting yourself out. You will never move on if your aim is to hurt him. He dumped you so more than likely you won't be able to hurt him. Trying to even the score or get revenge will not do you anygood. Stop having him at the centre of your life and reclaim your own life and take control. Keep him blocked

• Author

i have it unblocked right now. if he texts me anything crazy or upsetting i will block it right away. i want to prove to myself i have the strength to have self control. and if i cant do it it will remain blocked.

If you want to prove that you have self control, you need to prove that you can block him. I agree with adamt, you are subconsciously wanting something else to happen with him, but consciously telling yourself that you're just waiting for one nasty message from him so you can block him.

It's been 1.5 years since you got dumped. By now you should be moving on and shouldn't be waiting for him to contact you. Prove you are getting over him by blocking him and you don't care if he can't contact you.