i feel like someone kicked me in the chest

rainbowsandkittens

rainbowsandkittens

hope you guys can help. i posted about this once before in the breaking up forum.

long story short- dated someone for 3.5 month. he is at the end of the divorce process. things were fine and then one day i found out he put a profile up on a dating site. apparently he wants to see me, to be my boyfriend, but still see other people. he was with his wife for 13 years (since late teens) and felt like he needed to date before getting into a committed relationship again. (he did date before we got together and claims the girl before me was the rebound but i am not so sure about that). i tried to find a way to keep him in my life but could not figure out a way that would work.

last tuesday we decided to go on a "break." his version- we still email, im, talk on fb and the phone. we just don't see each other. so tuesday afternoon he offers to come to my house sometime over the week to fix some stuff. all week we're emailing, talking over im and fb, talk on the phone a bit. every day he tells me what he's doing or did at night i guess so i don't think he's out on a date. he came over on sunday and fixed a ton of stuff. i went to his apt and slept over. monday came and suddenly he was more distant (i should say that even though we'd been talking he still felt a little distant, even though he did tell me some very personal stuff). he went shopping on tuesday and wrote me to see what i wanted him to pick up for me. he ended up buying me a bunch of stuff and leaving it with my doorman. i did not write when i got home to say thank you- i waited until the next day. i had decided that i needed to give us some more space than we'd been having. he wrote back that he forgot something and was going back to the store and would get it for me. i told him not to bother. yesterday afternoon we emailed a little.

as of yesterday at 2pm i stopped hearing from him. i have not heard from him since. he hasnt been online or on fb. i do think he's been on his dating site. this week he had not told me anything that he was doing at night so i assume he's set up some dates. i don't know. i am guessing that he is finally giving us a real break but since there was no talk about it i don't know. it's killing me. i feel like i can't breathe. i wanted this to happen, i needed this to happen, but i feel like- like everything else that happened with us- this was his decision and not mine. he's controlling it as usual. i might not want to talk to him but i want him to talk to me.

how do i get through this? should i unfriend him on fb? am i over reacting over 24 hours? i am not going to contact him- i am good about that, i swear. i have been reading and reading and would love some encouraging words. thanks!