I think I'm ready to date?

georgia girl

georgia girl

Notice the question mark? I think I'm ready. I know I want to be a couple again and I know that the person I'll probably date will be a rebound. But, I'm tired of being sad that not only did the one I love let me down, but I lost all of the fun things about being a couple. A girlfriend asked me to let her know when I'm ready to date just a week ago and I said I wasn't ready. I think I'm ready now, but am I? Is it fair to someone else? Does it really help? Any advice out there?

Advice? Well, for me, the easiest barometer to gauge is how I feel when I see another couple kissing on the street. If my wife's aura and name don't pop into my head and I feel happy for the affection that couple is showing, then I'm emotionally detached and ready to embrace other potentials. If other, other. For me, it's always been pretty simple :)

• Author
georgia girl

I'm giving it a week, but I truly think I'm ready to date. The more I think about meeting someone new, I get excited. The more I think about running into my ex, it doesn't bother me. I don't EVER want to hurt someone and have them be my "rebound" but I truly think I'm ready. It's time to start something new.

Oh, here comes the sticky wicket. Imagine that couple on the street to include your ex ;)

I'm not there yet. Good luck :)

You'reasian
Notice the question mark? I think I'm ready. I know I want to be a couple again and I know that the person I'll probably date will be a rebound. But, I'm tired of being sad that not only did the one I love let me down, but I lost all of the fun things about being a couple. A girlfriend asked me to let her know when I'm ready to date just a week ago and I said I wasn't ready. I think I'm ready now, but am I? Is it fair to someone else? Does it really help? Any advice out there?

Why don't you decide and tell us :)

Don't let others tell you whether you are ready.

• Author
georgia girl

You are so right - I am ready! I loved being in a relationship and I had so much fun. That's a huge part of what I miss. I may not be 100% over my ex (as Carhill suggests), but I'm over him enough that the distraction of a new relationship would finish that memory off. I'm certainly not going to sit home and mope for the rest of my summer. It's time to share some good times with someone. That's what we're all after, isn't it? It's just we're so damned focused on our exes that we won't let ourselves be happy. It's time to be happy.

You'reasian
You are so right - I am ready! I loved being in a relationship and I had so much fun. That's a huge part of what I miss. I may not be 100% over my ex (as Carhill suggests), but I'm over him enough that the distraction of a new relationship would finish that memory off. I'm certainly not going to sit home and mope for the rest of my summer. It's time to share some good times with someone. That's what we're all after, isn't it? It's just we're so damned focused on our exes that we won't let ourselves be happy. It's time to be happy.

Are you still up for that beer? :D

redhighheels

Go for it. The best way to get over an ex is to be too preoccupied with something else and in most cases, with someone else.

aboynamedmike

Once I got myself out there and flirted with girls and let them flirt with me, I totally forgot about my ex..

You'reasian
Sure... you comin' to Georgia?

Georgia isn't the coolest place to meet, no offense - I mean isn't there political turmoil there?

Every relationship I've had, started by me and the other just "hitting it off" I'd be at a high point in my life, a girl would come along, and then so on.

Being in a couple is great, I love it, I want it right now, I want to explore love, I want it, but am I ready for it? Who's to say. I'm of course going to toss out the question, how are you feeling about yourself right now? Because I feel you'll do way awesome going into anything with a positive attitude, don't get positive because some cute dude is all of a sudden into you, I mean, don't get me wrong, it will be awesome, but how can you let yourself go into something without feeling good about it? And by it, I mean you, because you will be a part of this couple!