how do I fall out of love?

Jawbreaker4Fs

Jawbreaker4Fs

Hey,

My name's Bob, and I'm 18 years old. I was seeing this girl Sarah for about 10 months, and I completely fell in love with her. I thought about nothing but her for the duration of our relationship, and always put her needs before my own.

Everything seemed to be going perfectly fine when we hit the 8 month mark. Around that time I had to go to New Zealand to visit my family (because that's where I'm from). Well, I'd email her or try to call every single day I was away... but there was this one period of time for about 2 or 3 days where she was just completely unavailable. Well, I ended up having a phone conversation with her a little after that and she told me that she'd spent the night at an ex's house. Needless to say, I completely freaked out and asked her if anything happened between them.

Being naive and trusting, when she told me that nothing had happened, of course I believed her. Anyway, this guy was in the navy and was only home for the summer. So, by the time I was back from New Zealand he was back off whereever he was stationed. Our relationship pretty much continued the way it had been before I took the trip, except there was a very big element of doubt in my mind. I would have nightmares of seeing her with him, and it drove me mad. I actually mentioned it to her a few times, and she seemed to think that it was rediculous that I would have those kinds of thoughts.

Well, this guy, John, got kicked out of the navy. He comes back, and she hears from him and acts like it's no big deal. Then, one night, I call her cell phone and she's out with him. So, I decide to ask her one more time if anything had happened while I was in New Zealand. The truth comes out. She slept with him. I was completely devistated. I don't think I went to school for a week or so. I mean... we lost our virginity to each other, and here I find that what I had thought was something special and beautiful that we shared had someone else involved. Then next day she stopped by my house, crying, apologizing, and saying that she was so terribly sorry and she just wanted for us to work out. Although my shattered heart was reluctant, I accepted... after all, I was (and, unfortunately still am) deeply in love with this girl. My only condition was that she never speak with this John guy ever again.

A week later she tells me that she just wants to be friends because, well, this girl does have severe emotional problems, and told me that she needed space. But we did continue to have a very relationship-like friendship after that, and agreed not to see other people until we'd get back together. Well, one night I call her cell phone again and she's with John. Great. Things progressed from there until finally I couldn't take it anymore and stopped talking with her altogether. It's been that way for a month or so. But I see her almost every day... we both work in the same place, and every time I see her the feelings come back.

I just want to hold her again, and I can't control these feelings. Whenever I see her I always get depressed and cry and cry for days on end. It's terrible. I really need to get over this girl, but I have no idea how. It's driving me insane. Does anyone have any advice?

Just try and forget her, if you can. Try to find another job, for sure. She cheated on you, remember that. The absolute worst thing you can do in a relationship.......

I'm thinking of changing my signature to something like

"If a relationship ever comes to the point of cheating, it's guaranteed to end, so don't waste your time"

Because I think I've said that about 6 times now.

Anyway, find another girl, all though it's going to take a while, start looking at other girls as potential relationship type material. Eventually you'll get over her.

My friend Bob... you are going to learn a valuable lesson from this. Well maybe 3 or 4 actually.

1. You dont date girls who spend the night at their exboyfriend's house. I mean... cmon dude.

2. You are still very young. I mean I am still very young and im like 4 years older than you. But you have many a female to have relations with and date. Learn from this all you can. That way you wont be my age learning fundamental relationship lessons.

3. Go out with friends. Go meet tons of new girls. Keep busy. Throw everything that reminds you of her in the garbage. Buy yourself some new CDs and new clothes. Go have a blast. There are 5 trillion females in the World.

You now have it set in you that you only value LOYAL FEMALES. Its not like shes gonna be some back breaking loyal girl to this man. She will probably try to cheat on him with you after you get over her.

DONT CAVE IN. CUT HER OFF. She cheated on you. Shes a piece of **** human being in your eyes. You arent in love with her. You are in love with your idea of her. because your idea of her is that shed "NEVER DO SUCH A THING."

All though it would be nice if there were 5 trillion females in the world, there are actually only 6,302,309,691 people in the whole world.

So, out of 6,302,309,691 people:

284,796,887 live in the United States

Of those 284,796,887

(Narrowed by age and location) about 141,080 might be compatible with your personality.

So, Assuming you would like to meet the right one in the next two years or so, that means you have to meet about 200 a day.

Because you have about 720 waking minutes in a day you need to meet about 4 girls a minute, that's one every 15 seconds.

They way I see it, You've got a lot of work to do boy quit wasting your time.

• 4 weeks later...

you have a fantastic reason to decide she's not worth feeling any regret or pain. so, i'd guess, the first time you sleep with another woman you'll be 80% over it. unless the new woman is sexier and more fun that the old one. (then you'll be 100% over it!)

you might have a hard time finding someone new because you'll feel like you're cheating (because you are loyal even though she isn't). remember you aren't! and be honest with the new woman. #1 that way you won't hurt her.

#2 a lot of women want relationship/entanglement/guilt free sex

#3 you'll feel proud of yourself for being honest, and you need to do things that make you love yourself.