I called my ex during my bday party because I was drunk!!

Marina09

Hey guys!!! I feel terrible...:( I don't know what to do, I cant even sleep because it feels horrible to have contacted my ex during my bday, that sucks!! Long story short, I was celebrating my bday at a club and having a blast and drinking waaaaaayyyy too much. Then at the end, when most people were gone, they played a song that has always reminded me of my ex because he dedicated it to me. Then I started crying like a baby, crying and crying. I dont remember all the details but I started texting my ex and I didn't even had his number saved, so I sent the msgs to a lot of people until I got the right number. I texted him to go see me to the club, that I never knew how much I loved him until he broke up with me, that I was sorry for all the mistakes, I implored him to go see me, I even called him the way I used to call him when we were together. Then I called him and he didn't answer, I guess he was with his girlfriend. But I left a lot of voicemails and I don't know what I said... Then a text came in and it said "I don't know who you are but stop sending those texts". I thought it was his girlfriend because it was written in a weird way in which he never writes, so I replied "may be you don't know but he knows who I am". Oh that suckssssssss badly!!! I made a fool of myself and now I don't know what to do. Now he knows that after 6 months I'm still not over him, and that I remembered him during my bday!!! I'm thinking about writing an email apologizing if I caused him any trouble and accepting that I do feel what I said but the alcohol made it look even worse... I'm worried about the voicemails because I don't remember what I said, I hope it wasn't that bad.

What can I do to feel better?? It's still my birthday and it sucks that I did what I did, he now knows the strong woman I played all this months showing him that I cared little was a lie and I still love him... I think Im gonna email him explaining a little my situation, but not today, may be tomorrow after my bday....

HELP HELP HELP!!! I got home at 5 and I've been up since 8 because I remembered what I did and I feel terrible... :(

Don't be so hard on yourself. Many of us have called or texted ex's when we were drinking. So he knows you still love him...big deal. You can't take back what you did so stop beating yourself up. Next time you go out drinking leave your phone at home. That's what I usually do after a breakup.

Wooh - the dreaded morning after !!.

Dont beat yourself up - it was the booze bringing out your emotions - happens to us all..

Probably best to Delete his number off your phone and block it as well - so you dont do it again when out drinking.... Write it down somewhere in your house - just in case you need it for the future..

Hope the hangover isnt too bad !!!

Probably best to Delete his number off your phone and block it as well - so you dont do it again when out drinking.... Write it down somewhere in your house - just in case you need it for the future..

She didn't have his number saved in her phonebook - she sent randomly until she got the number right, from what I read in her post.

Marina, drunk-dialling/calling happens. I'd just let it go and not look bad the day after.

My bad - sorry... find it amazing someone can remember a mobile number after 6 months if its not saved on there phone.. I cant even remember mine most of the time.!

My bad - sorry... find it amazing someone can remember a mobile number after 6 months if its not saved on there phone.. I cant even remember mine most of the time.!

:laugh: Yeah. I still remember my ex-es' numbers :o I remember numbers easily - which can be a drag at times!

• Author

I didn't have his number but I remember it... Wow six months sounds like a long time, but for me it seems like yesterday when we were celebrating my birthday last year... Oh god! Im so embarrased, I bet all the friends in common are gonna know this story... and they thought I got over him so easily. What a loser!

Don't beat yourself up over it! I made the mistake of hooking up with my ex on friday night, after avoiding her like the plauge. Her friends told her I was out at the club where they were. 20 minutes later she showed and me and my group left. Then the text/calls started. I was strong/sober enough to avoid it for a while, then woops!! damn you patron!! We sometimes do stupid things while drinking. :cool:

Ya, don't beat yourself up. It happens. I didn't call, but I showed up at my ex's apartment drunk only for him to ignore me and then tell me the next day he wants me out of his life forever. So ya. I can relate to the embarrassment (extreme in my case) of drunk-contacting ex's. Just take it as a lesson learned to not do again :)

You'reasian
I dont remember all the details but I started texting my ex and I didn't even had his number saved, so I sent the msgs to a lot of people until I got the right number. I texted him to go see me to the club, that I never knew how much I loved him until he broke up with me, that I was sorry for all the mistakes, I implored him to go see me, I even called him the way I used to call him when we were together. Then I called him and he didn't answer, I guess he was with his girlfriend. But I left a lot of voicemails and I don't know what I said... Then a text came in and it said "I don't know who you are but stop sending those texts". I thought it was his girlfriend because it was written in a weird way in which he never writes, so I replied "may be you don't know but he knows who I am". Oh that suckssssssss badly!!! I made a fool of myself and now I don't know what to do. Now he knows that after 6 months I'm still not over him, and that I remembered him during my bday!!! I'm thinking about writing an email apologizing if I caused him any trouble and accepting that I do feel what I said but the alcohol made it look even worse... I'm worried about the voicemails because I don't remember what I said, I hope it wasn't that bad.

What can I do to feel better?? It's still my birthday and it sucks that I did what I did, he now knows the strong woman I played all this months showing him that I cared little was a lie and I still love him... I think Im gonna email him explaining a little my situation, but not today, may be tomorrow after my bday....

HELP HELP HELP!!! I got home at 5 and I've been up since 8 because I remembered what I did and I feel terrible... :(

Sounds like you are harassing your bf and his friends.

• Author
Sounds like you are harassing your bf and his friends.

I'm not harrasing him, never did never will. It was a stupid drunk mistake.

Just let it go. Don't say anything to him because it will only make it worse. If anything, this accident will give you even more motivation to move on from him because it will embarrass you from talking to him again.

hopesndreams
I'm not harrasing him, never did never will. It was a stupid drunk mistake.

Exactly! Hey, it happens. I've sent a few drunk texts b4, but they were angry ones, full of vile. So out of character for me. It's all about the booze. You didn't do it sober. Don't bother sending an apology email either. It will all be forgotten. You've learned your lesson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Guys!!! At last I didnt emailed him, I just stayed quiet about everything and tried to move on and maintained my dignity. But yesterday he sent me a message on facebook, even though I dont have him as a friend, and he said "After all I didnt wish you a happy b-day, happy belated b-day, sorry". And I answered back, "Thank you, sorry if I caused you any trouble" and then he answered saying that he never wanted us to be this way.This morning I checked and he had sent me another message saying that he stayed away from me because of my mom's calls (long story short she called him to confront him for an email he had sent me when he already had a girlfriend). I wonder if she hadn't called him may be he wouldnt be too serious with his new girlfriend, I dont know, IM SOOOO CONFUSED!!!

Guys!!! At last I didnt emailed him, I just stayed quiet about everything and tried to move on and maintained my dignity. But yesterday he sent me a message on facebook, even though I dont have him as a friend, and he said "After all I didnt wish you a happy b-day, happy belated b-day, sorry". And I answered back, "Thank you, sorry if I caused you any trouble" and then he answered saying that he never wanted us to be this way.This morning I checked and he had sent me another message saying that he stayed away from me because of my mom's calls (long story short she called him to confront him for an email he had sent me when he already had a girlfriend). I wonder if she hadn't called him may be he wouldnt be too serious with his new girlfriend, I dont know, IM SOOOO CONFUSED!!!

A phone call from your mom or any small incident like that was trivial and had no impact on the situation. He has a new girlfriend because he's moved on from you, period, and is into his new girlfriend. Don't sweat the small stuff. The important point is that he's moved on so you should too. I know it's tough. We've all been there. It gets better.

• Author

Then why did he write to me? If he loves his girlfriend he shouldn't have written to me, after all my birthday was more than a week ago...

I have exes I still wish a happy birthday. It doesn't mean I'm still in love with them -- I am very much in love with my most recent ex, the one who dumped me two years ago. But I wish them well because I dated them in the past and still care about them and their happiness.

• Author

I guess he does love his girlfriend, he mentioned her in another message he sent me... I feel so bad, I feel like the day I found out he had a new relationship, I'm totally lost. After all this time I still love him even though I know he wasn't the right guy for me, but when he wrote me that message I thought may be he was still a little in love with me and that gave me hope. Now he knows that I love him and I dont care anymore, but I wish I didn't, it's been 6 months and Im still heartbroken!!! What can I do? I would like to erase him completely from my mind and forget all about him!! HELP PLEASE!

im pretty sure we've ALL done something like that. it's a classic mistake, so dont worry about it. it probably seems worse in your eyes because you did it and you keep thinking about it, and he may have already forgotten, or at least he doesnt think about it.

whtever you do, DONT text/call him to appologize for it. just leave things alone and let it go. if you do it just looks like more of an excuse to talk to him, or worse, you'll appologize and he still wont respond, and then you'll feel even worse.

try not to think about it sweetie! and leave your phone in a car next time you go out to a club lol.