10 months later and I still think about her every day

EmperorR

I'd love to know what's going on in her life, in past the hate anger, I'd love to talk to her even for a minute just one last time

, but I know that will never happen.

Sigh

Emperor,

Do you REALLY think of her everyday? Are you just having a down day TODAY? Give yourself some credit. This woman played a big role in your life. Were you not engaged? (I think I remember that you were). 10 months is good, and it's 10 months NC. Be proud. It's okay to think of her. Just get past today.

Getting over someone doesn't mean never thinking of them.

Bluewolf, if you truly loved someone then of course you will think about them everyday. Ok, maybe at some point emp' will forget but that could take some time.

It will be exactly 6 months tomorrow since the break up. Ive dated various men yet noone has got anywhere near as perfect as him. I miss him, I think about him everyday, I miss his company, I miss his infectious smile and I miss the intense happiness that would make my insides twist when ever I saw his beautiful face. I just miss him. My soulmate. :love:

I cant help the fact that we clicked and had an itense love for each other. It didnt work out, which is a good thing, in a twisted way :D It has taught me alot about myself, him and relationships and I am proud to say that I am privileaged to have been in such a loving relationship with the most amazing man you could ever wish for.

So dont you worry emporer, it is quite natural to feel like this. I think that it is when you find someone that can make you feel truly loved and happy, that you will find inner peace again. You shall soon see your relationship with your ex as an experience in your life that made you the great person who you are today. :)

iBelieve In Symmetry
Do you REALLY think of her everyday? Are you just having a down day TODAY?

Good response.

It's true that after feeling at least okay for sometime, having a bad day can make you spiral down into doubt. I absolutely hate it when it happens.

But I do believe him if he says he really has thought of her everyday.

I think a better question would be if he thinks of her the exact same way he did the first month.

Baby steps are steps nonetheless.

4.5 years is a long time, and you two were engaged, right? Or am I getting mixed up with a different story? :confused:

You built dreams with her, sheltered in her. Your relationship must have been powerful. It is completely normal for you to feel this way. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, Emperor. Just keep doing what you're doing.

You're one of the people I look up to here on LS.

Keep strong, chin up! Everybody has bad days.

Just to clarify...

Emperor,

I wasn't implying that you didn't truly love her..of course you did. What I meant was that when you are having a bad day, week, month, etc, it is easy to look back over your recovery period in a negative light, and think that it's been hard everyday, or that you have missed her, thought of her everyday. All I meant was that when you ARE in a good mood, or having a good day or week, its also easy to see the days when maybe you didnt' think of her. But now that you are having some off days, maybe you forgot about the good days, or okay days.

I am not trying to marginalize your pain, really. I feel for you, and what you are going through is normal. The pain is just a reflection of the intense amount of love you felt while in the relationship.

I can't remember where I read it..but all love is..is a gamble on pain. Love is pain. It will end that way. It's just a gamble of when, and how much. It could be unreturned love, it could be you left at the alter, you could be cheated on, you could be left behind, or abused, you could love your partner for 50 years, and they have a heart attack the night in the middle of the night. I am not trying to be so negative (though I am sure it looks that way). What I am driving at is all love will end in some pain at the end, for someone. Our kids, ourselves, our parnters. Its just a matter of what we will gamble to obtain it, the risks invovled. People die, people changed their minds, people make mistakes.

So your pain, 10 months later, is okay, really. You will get through it. You took a chance with this lady, and it didn't work. But take another gamble on someone else when the time is right, and the woman is right for you. :)