Wow- excited about someone new

bluewolf17

bluewolf17

Quick background:

Broke up with my ex of 3.5 years end of Feb-begged for him back, didn't work, now I am on NC. Going through the ups and downs like everyone else, trying to deal with the fact that it's over.

But, out of nowhere, I meet this pretty great new guy. He's a little older (he's 30, I am 26 tommorow). He's got a good education, very witty (very important to me) and is such a sweetheart. Did I mention cute too? Anways, he is a new friend of my brothers, so I kind of informed my brother I had a little crush on him. My brother being a awesome guy, can keep a secret, BUT invited him to my birthday party tommorow. And the best news..he asks my brother how he feels about asking me out....hmm!

All I can say is that I am not someone who goes out looking for relationships, or for dates. I never thought I would be excited or anxious about another guy. I thought I would marry my ex..and when I realized we wouldn't work out, well I thought I would be an old maid. But just 3 months later, and I am giggling like a school girl.

I am not anywere ready to date yet, but I think the fact that I am so excited, is just a sign that I am moving forward.

Happy weekend everyone.

Aw how nice. Just go with the flow, it might be just what you need to blow the blues away. As long as you're honest with him and he knows the situation, it can't hurt to have a little attention. Plus, if he grows to like you and you grow to like him, you guys can wait until the emotional turmoil settles down. Just be careful not to jump into anything because of feeling lonely. Good luck and happy weekend (and Happy Birthday) :)

Just what the doctoe prescribed. Enjoy yourself but do be careful. And Happy Birthday! :)