1.5 Months; Each day gets better and better

Aerorobyn

It's been 46 days since he broke up with me. We've been in NC for about 17 days (would be 31 days, I believe, if it had not been broke that one time).

With each day that passes, I feel so much better about everything, and so much more confident in myself. I no longer sit around my house 24/7 asking myself, "Will he ever come back to me?" "Is there something I can do to make him come back?" Instead, I just tell myself the truth, "This happened for a reason, and there's something better for you"

There's no doubt that I still love my ex. But I've accepted this breakup for what it is. As some of you may know, he and my uncle are still friends, so I still get a bit of a feedback on what he's doing...and he is apparently acting really immature. More immature than when we were together. Although I love him, I don't think I could ever be with someone that immature. He has A LOT of growing up to do--but in all honesty, I think I've come along way in nearly two months.

I am nowhere near ready to begin another relationship right now. However, I have gone on a couple of casual dates. There is one guy in particular, who, I hate to say it, but I've already seen more in common with him than with my ex. We get along great, but neither of us are ready for a relationship at the moment. He is going through a split as well (except, his has been over for a few months).

Anyways...the point is...I'm feeling pretty great about myself. I've made a few new friends (ages 23-27; older than me, but that's who I get along with). I've began doing some nightly workouts, and soon I'll be doing mornings at the gym. And...I realize that I've got so much to live for, despite how awful things may seem at times. I still have my moments of depression, but that runs in the family. I no longer feel suicidal though.

I have all of you wonderful people to thank for that! You've all been so supportive, helpful, and have given some great advice!

Sorry for the length. I just wanted to update everybody on my healing process and say that...there is still happiness out there, even if you feel there isn't.

Cher once asked, "Do you believe in life after love?"

My answer to that.... YES! :p