What would it look like if i blocked my ex on facebook after 6 months?

robaday

hey,

feel pretty pitiful over this, still not over my ex gf. Broke up with me 6 months ago, made a complete ass of myself. NC for 2 months, she gets back in touch, act like a complete loser again, tell her I've pretty much had a breakdown and i still like her (my head was not in the right place at the time).

I don't look at her page regularly, in fact only 4 times since November. i did delete her once, but she re-added me, and i thought at the time i was over it, but seeing her relationship status as in a relationship, just broke my heart again.

If I block her now, will she think I'm a complete weirdo? is that a sign of spite or animosity?

my reasons for doing it at this late stage are, and this may sound strange, i feel like i lost all my self respect with that girl (I know, I know, self respect is just that "self" and can only be gained through yourself), but out of sight out of mind i feel that it may just allow me to forget her completely (I wish), or at least regain my self confidence.

i don't want her having easy access to my life either. she told my sister she has looked at all my photos, and i don't see any reason why we should pretend to be friends when to be honest we both hate each other.

I know this shouldn't be a big issue, but truth is i'm at the stage where i don't want to ever revisit the pain of that relationship, don't want to attempt to be friends, and really do not have a single thing in common with her. I want to cut all ties and never think about her again if I am honest, i actually shudder if someone mentions her name. it is not bourne out of hatred, just the intence pain that i felt when she ended things.

Will this seem childish? or ridiculous even? I haven't given her any reason to ever get in touch with me again so it makes no difference right?

I don't think it's ridiculous to block her. She might take pride in the fact that she is making you crazy and it will probably maker HER crazy if she can't keep an eye on you via Facebook. If you block her and somebody or she asks why, just say you have moved on and don't see a need to pretend to be friends. Don't let people's opinion affect you with regard to this. I asked my ex to put his myspace to private and deleted mine. I didn't want to see his life move on. It's natural. It is UNnatural to have to keep exes in our lives because of some networking site.

It is UNnatural to have to keep exes in our lives because of some networking site.

Couldn't have been better said. I agree. Don't think twice about de-friending her on Facebook. If any kind of worthwhile connection is ever to be forged between you two, Facebook won't be needed as the medium.

• Author

blocked her, wish I'd done it 6 months but we all hold out hope don't we? never had a break up before, so spent a long time comprehending NC, and the idea that we may never be friends. Felt like someone died when she ended it, the grief was unbearable.

I've realized, as the last time I spoke to her demonstrated, that I both love and hate her at the same time, so if anything meaningful was ever to d evelop between us I have a long way to go in clearing up my issues. I wouldn't want a relationship with her, just the chance to get revenge which is never good, so this one's best left to the rubbish bin!

So much I didn't know! reading these forums and the way I was acting, seeking validation constantly, talking about depression and my "feelings" all the time, etc etc I have a great deal of work to do on myself before I can be a good partner, that much is clear.

Ruby Slippers

I'm glad you blocked her. It took me a few months to do similar with my ex. In one fell swoop, I cut him across the board online and dumped his e-mail folder, too. It was sad, but ultimately for the best.

• Like 1
  • Author

I don't think absence will make the heart grow fonder in this case. It's nice to find acceptance after six months of yearning for a **** relationship!

My automated response to the dumping was to read every single "how to get your ex back" online resource. In some ways this meant that acceptance took me much longer than I ever thought, and meant I was still in the mind-frame of trying to win her back if I got a tiny bit of contact.

Whilst I'm sure these resources do work in some cases, I'm sure they prolong the agony in the majority of cases. yeah I have taken out a lot of useful stuff, but in my case it prevented me moving on, and kept me obssessing over what I did wrong, and how to get her back.

I slept well last night, out of sight out of mind-cheers!

• Like 1
  • Author

4 days after blocking she texts me asking how i am and whether i'm at a gig she's at. deleted it. predictable, predictable. human nature eh?

• Like 1

blocking her and not texting her back is the best thing. you have to move on. she understands too don't worry. just look after yourself. hope it gets better soon

You should have blocked her as soon as she dumped you. You owe her no explanations. Do what's best for your heart. I agree completely with Rose!!

• Like 1