Reoccuring Dream

Joe1

This is a little off the topic of relationships and personal well-being, but I'm gonna post in hopes that someone can shed light. My grandpa passed away Sept. 23rd of 2001, well over a year ago, and recently over the past few weeks I have reoccuring dreams with him in it and alive. I've had several, sometimes a few nights in a row, recently and the one I just had two nights ago in the dream he was upset and angry about something. Perhaps something I did.

I woke up afterwards and I felt a sense of anger, like he was mad or disappointed about something. He never got mad, he never was angry with anyone and if he was mad he told you. He was a very gentle, caring man that everyone got along with so I don't know where the anger feeling comes from.

It's been over a year, we've all coped with the loss and accepted it now so I'm not sure why I keep having dreams with him in it. Any ideas?

This pretty much sums it up, this is what I found:

Dreams of the deceased are common, and should not be considered signs of paranormal activity or of supernatural contact. Dreams of visitations by the deceased often reflect desire for contact with them, and for emotional resolution. Inability to speak with or touch the deceased may reflect frustration due to the deceased’s departure; we no longer are able to communicate.

The dead typically appear fit and healthy in our dreams, and younger than their age at the time of their passing. They often reassure dreamers that they are OK, explain particularities of their death, and occasionally give advice. Many people believe the dead actually communicate with the living in dreams, and are able to experience emotional closure, especially with someone who died suddenly. Many dream reports, if accurate, leave no option but to believe that contact actually was made.

-----

I do recall last night in the dream he appeared to be younger and I recall him talking about his death and the suddenness of it.

Originally posted by Joe1

Many people believe the dead actually communicate with the living in dreams, and are able to experience emotional closure, especially with someone who died suddenly. Many dream reports, if accurate, leave no option but to believe that contact actually was made.

I totally believe in this.

• 2 months later...
Liven_On_Love

strange but true... I haev had MANY MANY friends killed in car accidents... and only 3 'close' family members that have passed away, but I will tell you this.... believe it or not... a few of the kids that passed I had dreams of them passing a few days before hand... I smell hospital , it is like a sterile smell of a hospital... and SOMEONE ALWAYS passes within 2 days of this, Ive got witnessess who Ive told .. I smell that sterile smell again... bam within 2 days it happens...... just happpened last wensday, although I wasnt very good friends with this kid who passed away, I was at a gathering you could say.... and he was there, first time I had ever met him. I had a visual one time of me being killed ........ the scene the time of day, where the blood would be... and 2 weeks later a VERY close friend of mine passed away in a car accident and it happened just as I visualized it had happened. I TRUELY believe in this stuff... I wonder if I make my mind act this way? Any Idea???

Liven_ON_Love

It's not that uncommon.

My sister sensed that my grandfather was about to die when she was in a ski trip many hours away and got back just in time.

I can't sense that, however I can tell when someone is recently pregant - and that's without seeing them.