why girls find easy to move on than boys

honey2910

Hi All,

Its a question which comes into my mind. I have also asked this question to few female friends of mine. They have told me for girls it is easy to move on from a relation than boys. The reason they gave me were quite logical and practical.

1. Women are emotionally more strong to kill their feelings for somebody than men. S0 do I believe, although few exceptions are always there.

2. They have strong emotional support and tend to listen to their close peers and once they make up their mind they never look back. I strongly agree this as lot of men including on LS are facing these kind of problem more often than women.

3. Third but most important which I found.... It is easy for women to hook up with a men than for men with women. Most of us do believe that its a emotional hook up with a person of opposite sex which can act as catalyst to heal up the process of getting over ex.

Please provide ur inputs..

Sorry but I disagree with all these arguments. It is purely down to the individual and circumstances particular to that relationship. I don't think either sex moves on faster than the other.

• Author

I truly agree with you that after all it boils down to an individual, however I have experienced this on LS, I dont know about you? That 8 out of 10 cases do involve men who are here to share their stories and are finding difficult to move on. I am saying by making stats as a base.

What I have written is a female point of view to validate my points and these opinions are not from a single person but 4-5 people.

And I personally do feel if not entirely they are correct to some extent.

Hi All,

Its a question which comes into my mind. I have also asked this question to few female friends of mine. They have told me for girls it is easy to move on from a relation than boys. The reason they gave me were quite logical and practical.

1. Women are emotionally more strong to kill their feelings for somebody than men. S0 do I believe, although few exceptions are always there.

2. They have strong emotional support and tend to listen to their close peers and once they make up their mind they never look back. I strongly agree this as lot of men including on LS are facing these kind of problem more often than women.

3. Third but most important which I found.... It is easy for women to hook up with a men than for men with women. Most of us do believe that its a emotional hook up with a person of opposite sex which can act as catalyst to heal up the process of getting over ex.

actually from the reading I'm doing this stuff is wrong. Men can have an easier time moving on then women. I've also read that men almost (note almost/not always) always have a woman lined up when they leave, they don't like to go from something to nothing, whereas women leave to nothing.

Women can have a harder time letting go because of the emotional attachment.

Hi All,

I srongly agree with all the 3 statements. Infact they are not theories they are FACTS.

1. Women go through a process of in the mind dumping their partner whilst they are going out with them and when they are ready they will dump them without a second thought and move on as if nothing has happened even after a long relationship.

2. Women have lots of Women friends who invariably will run down the Man and tell them they are better off without them espeically if the friends are single and want them back on the snigle scene with them.

3. Any Woman can go out to a bar of club and get 20 offers of sex that night ot 20 phone numbers with a procession of Men coming up to themall night. Infact they do not even need to take their purse out with themas they will get fre dribks all night. Good looking women, average even ropey women will be able to hook up with no effort on their part. The Man howver can asked 20 women for a date and be blown out all night. Women will rarely make the effort to go to a Man as they don't need to. If yu are Brad Pitt maybe not but your average Joe has not got a chance especially as they get older.

Finally in the dating scene there are usulayy 5 times as many single men as women in bars, clubs, internet dating , singles nights.

• Author
I srongly agree with all the 3 statements. Infact they are not theories they are FACTS.

1. Women go through a process of in the mind dumping their partner whilst they are going out with them and when they are ready they will dump them without a second thought and move on as if nothing has happened even after a long relationship.

2. Women have lots of Women friends who invariably will run down the Man and tell them they are better off without them espeically if the friends are single and want them back on the snigle scene with them.

3. Any Woman can go out to a bar of club and get 20 offers of sex that night ot 20 phone numbers with a procession of Men coming up to themall night. Infact they do not even need to take their purse out with themas they will get fre dribks all night. Good looking women, average even ropey women will be able to hook up with no effort on their part. The Man howver can asked 20 women for a date and be blown out all night. Women will rarely make the effort to go to a Man as they don't need to. If yu are Brad Pitt maybe not but your average Joe has not got a chance especially as they get older.

Finally in the dating scene there are usulayy 5 times as many single men as women in bars, clubs, internet dating , singles nights.

If I analyse the first point happens with all men who are dumped. My ex before getting me didnt shown even once that she is even thinking of leaving otherwise.....and now showed me as nothing happened between us.

Second point too happened with me as her single frnd exactly told me what u said zammon;)

if they are facts you have to have something to back it up. They may be facts in the little girls world of teeny boppers and early 20's but not of mature women.

Men also do this, not just women.

Some women have lots of friends who are supportive. Young girls are likely to have their friends play childish games of telling the man they are better off. Can't say a mature woman would play such silly games.

The point to this is really silly! This just proves that men can be dogs who are simply looking to get laid. People who go to bars are not usually looking for a relationship. When women go out to a bar it is usually to have a good time with their friends, be flirty and have fun and not to get picked up by the 20 men who want a quick screw. Some do want to have sex but not most.

I don't think it's necessarily any easier for women to move on, than men.

If there are any gender based differences, it appears that many men view the cessation of a relationship as a personal "failure", tying this into their self-esteem. It seems to cause them to be unrealistic, recreating history in their minds so they can point the finger elsewhere, instead of owning their portion of cause.

For that matter, unless there's cheating or abuse involved, it shouldn't result in the blame game, more incompatibilities. This doesn't mean that there are no responsibilities to both parties, for their actions. It just means that if there are issues within each person they're not happy with, it's a good time to admit and fix.

Too much ego and pride in some men, and not enough caring.

if they are facts you have to have something to back it up. They may be facts in the little girls world of teeny boppers and early 20's but not of mature women.

Men also do this, not just women.

Some women have lots of friends who are supportive. Young girls are likely to have their friends play childish games of telling the man they are better off. Can't say a mature woman would play such silly games.

The point to this is really silly! This just proves that men can be dogs who are simply looking to get laid. People who go to bars are not usually looking for a relationship. When women go out to a bar it is usually to have a good time with their friends, be flirty and have fun and not to get picked up by the 20 men who want a quick screw. Some do want to have sex but not most.

You miss my point about number 3. The poins is Women DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE ANY EFFORT to get a new partner/relationship. The Man has to make ALL THE EFFORT. Women have choices, Men do not.

You miss my point about number 3. The poins is Women DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE ANY EFFORT to get a new partner/relationship. The Man has to make ALL THE EFFORT. Women have choices, Men do not.

I do not miss your point. You point was revolving around a bar ect....who wants to pick up some guy in a bar for a relationship?????

Sorry I don't know how old you are but any relationship that I've had that I wanted to work, I had to work for it.

And actually with my recent X, I made the first move not him. It was through a dating site and then through instant messaging. He was too shy.

When I was a younger man, in order to get over a woman, I would simply get ontop of another. Yes, very crude, but it worked.

New business. Whenever one is pondering certain aspects of human behavior in general, we must keep in mind that deep down inside we are creatures of survival and most everything we choose to do is based upon our need for survival or for the survival of the species. We are hard-wired with certain basic instincts.

The only thing which distinguishes us from the animal kingdom is the fact that we have the ability to make moral decisions and despite our higher intelligence, we often make choices based on our instinct for self-preservation or for the survival of the species as a whole.

Men for the sake of SOTS are wired to fall in love with the female, harder, faster and to a degree more unconditionally and this is for the SOTS, and this is in order to insure that the male sticks around long enough to help the female raise the offspring of their union. When you consider that we are often compared to dogs, which in my mind is definitely high praise when you consider the loyalty dogs exhibit.

We are gifted/cursed with this ability to have our attraction to a specific female progress from infatuation to a deeper form of love so we don't abandon the female during her pregnancy, when she is limited in her capacity to provide, protect and care for herself, as a result of physical limitations etc. and and we're also wired to be loyal, at least temporarily while the child is young, because we're there to help provide, protect and defend them.

Natural selection is what the female is all about deep inside. While men are also subject to it, we all like a nice rack and a big healthy butt, all characteristics of a woman who is well-suited for bearing children, women are also looking for males who can handle their end of the log, as close to the protypical alpha male as possible, but she doesn't form these same types of bonds or attachments quite as easily, one because her primary directive is to "use" the male, i.e. have him defend, protect, and provide for her and her offspring.

When you think about, what is it the female really provides the male? I mean other than offspring and a place to plant your seed? Companionship...yup...and only temporary at best. I mean other than someone to share an orgasm with what else do women bring to the table? Generally speaking we men prefer sharing company with another man. It's evidenced inj our society, we like to hang-out with each other, get drunk, go fishing, watch football, because we bond deeper with one another than we do with women, because women aren't capable of establishing these bonds with us, their always looking for the bigger better deal and have one eye on the door at all times.

Sure, I enjoy the company of a woman, but in the back of my mind I just want to hump her and then be alone or with my male friends. I just put up with the trips to the mall or the museum and that jazz because all I want to do is keep her happy enough to hump me when I'm horny and the reswt of my gender will agree with me.

Except those who are gay and while we're speaking of them, their a prime example of exactly what I was alluding to, their a group who has phased women out of the equation altogether. I'm going to stop now before I get more offensive.

If necessary for the SOTS she will cut and run. If the male she chose isn't up to the task, nature has her primed to find another male who can get the job done, it's all in the best interest of the offspring. Women have all the loyalty of an over-sexed alley-cat and there isn't a darn thing we can do about it because deep down inside we're still ruled by these instincts.

We men get a bad rap for wanting to spread our seed and women get a bad rap for always looking for the bigger better deal. T'ain't nuttin you kin dew about it, just go with the flow bro'.

I do not miss your point. You point was revolving around a bar ect....who wants to pick up some guy in a bar for a relationship?????

Sorry I don't know how old you are but any relationship that I've had that I wanted to work, I had to work for it.

And actually with my recent X, I made the first move not him. It was through a dating site and then through instant messaging. He was too shy.

The point is there are 5 times as many single men than single women. Do the maths yourself. Women DO NOT need to try. It all falls in their lap. This makes them more incluined to play the field and dump as soon as the going gets tough as they know there will be a queue around the block to take the dumped mans place. You women have it so good and do not realise.

The point is there are 5 times as many single men than single women. Do the maths yourself. .

Can you explain your maths. The split between sexes is near 50%. So how can there be 5 times as many single men as women unless men have multiple partners?

When I was a younger man, in order to get over a woman, I would simply get ontop of another. Yes, very crude, but it worked.

New business. Whenever one is pondering certain aspects of human behavior in general, we must keep in mind that deep down inside we are creatures of survival and most everything we choose to do is based upon our need for survival or for the survival of the species. We are hard-wired with certain basic instincts.

The only thing which distinguishes us from the animal kingdom is the fact that we have the ability to make moral decisions and despite our higher intelligence, we often make choices based on our instinct for self-preservation or for the survival of the species as a whole.

Men for the sake of SOTS are wired to fall in love with the female, harder, faster and to a degree more unconditionally and this is for the SOTS, and this is in order to insure that the male sticks around long enough to help the female raise the offspring of their union. When you consider that we are often compared to dogs, which in my mind is definitely high praise when you consider the loyalty dogs exhibit.

We are gifted/cursed with this ability to have our attraction to a specific female progress from infatuation to a deeper form of love so we don't abandon the female during her pregnancy, when she is limited in her capacity to provide, protect and care for herself, as a result of physical limitations etc. and and we're also wired to be loyal, at least temporarily while the child is young, because we're there to help provide, protect and defend them.

Natural selection is what the female is all about deep inside. While men are also subject to it, we all like a nice rack and a big healthy butt, all characteristics of a woman who is well-suited for bearing children, women are also looking for males who can handle their end of the log, as close to the protypical alpha male as possible, but she doesn't form these same types of bonds or attachments quite as easily, one because her primary directive is to "use" the male, i.e. have him defend, protect, and provide for her and her offspring.

When you think about, what is it the female really provides the male? I mean other than offspring and a place to plant your seed? Companionship...yup...and only temporary at best. I mean other than someone to share an orgasm with what else do women bring to the table? Generally speaking we men prefer sharing company with another man. It's evidenced inj our society, we like to hang-out with each other, get drunk, go fishing, watch football, because we bond deeper with one another than we do with women, because women aren't capable of establishing these bonds with us, their always looking for the bigger better deal and have one eye on the door at all times.

Sure, I enjoy the company of a woman, but in the back of my mind I just want to hump her and then be alone or with my male friends. I just put up with the trips to the mall or the museum and that jazz because all I want to do is keep her happy enough to hump me when I'm horny and the reswt of my gender will agree with me.

Except those who are gay and while we're speaking of them, their a prime example of exactly what I was alluding to, their a group who has phased women out of the equation altogether. I'm going to stop now before I get more offensive.

If necessary for the SOTS she will cut and run. If the male she chose isn't up to the task, nature has her primed to find another male who can get the job done, it's all in the best interest of the offspring. Women have all the loyalty of an over-sexed alley-cat and there isn't a darn thing we can do about it because deep down inside we're still ruled by these instincts.

We men get a bad rap for wanting to spread our seed and women get a bad rap for always looking for the bigger better deal. T'ain't nuttin you kin dew about it, just go with the flow bro'.

That is 100% correct. Women do not have the capacity for deep love and loyalty espeically when things get tough and the man a cannot provide anymore or he is going through a tough time business wise and his wallet is not as fat as it was. They will spend weeks/months starting to look around for a better option and when there is someone they have their eye on will dump the man , break his heart and not even give him the time of day again.

Women are takers. Pure and simple.

Can you explain your maths. The split between sexes is near 50%. So how can there be 5 times as many single men as women unless men have multiple partners?

It is a fact. Look at any dating site and there will be 5-10 timnes as many men as women. Men pay a subscription and women are free. That says it all. It is because there are not enough women to go around and these sites are full of sad , lonely average Joes is a desolate and hopeless search for a good woman.

It is a fact. Look at any dating site and there will be 5-10 timnes as many men as women. Men pay a subscription and women are free. That says it all. It is because there are not enough women to go around and these sites are full of sad , lonely average Joes is a desolate and hopeless search for a good woman.

That does not explain what is happening in the bars you initially referred to:

Finally in the dating scene there are usulayy 5 times as many single men as women in bars, clubs, internet dating , singles nights

How about some evidence for your argument?

That does not explain what is happening in the bars you initially referred to:

How about some evidence for your argument?

Personal experience. Women do not have to make any effort.

Personal experience. Women do not have to make any effort.

So you actually have no real evidence to support your case. Thought so.

Where is your evidence to DISPROVE my statement ?.

I was not the one making the statement. It was you and I asked you for genuine evidence as opposed to subjective personal experience. Are you really telling me that when you go to any bar or club that there are 5 single men to every single woman? So if there are 200 people in there, only 33(ish) will be women and 167 will be men?

I was not the one making the statement. It was you and I asked you for genuine evidence as opposed to subjective personal experience. Are you really telling me that when you go to any bar or club that there are 5 single men to every single woman? So if there are 200 people in there, only 33(ish) will be women and 167 will be men?

That is correct.