It's been awhile

saturnsfall

So, I haven't really thought about calling the ex. I guess the ocean is calm now, the tide's out. But lately I've been having this nagging / annoying feeling that my ex wants to talk to me. He cannot get a hold of me because he no longer has anyway to, I made sure of that. It's not that I secretly want to talk with him either because I have nothing good to say to him and he doesn't deserve to speak with me. As someone said on one of their posts, his behavior was "piss poor" Honestly, "piss poor" is the best explanation for him. I still don't know why I think he wants to talk with me???

not_a_happy_camper

if only we could all read read minds! I kinda got that feeling last week as well.....................although I think it was like projection if that makes sense? It was his dad's anniversary. I guess I wanted to feel he needed me. He sent me a text message meant for his best friend..........who's name begins with a different letter to mine. So I began wondering, was it really a mistake? Did he mean to send it by way of opening communication? or was I just on his mind, and he genuinely did mean to send it to his best friend? I'll never know, but yes my mind wandered and I thought, maybe he wants to speak...................

I sent him a text to say I was thinking of him because I knew this was a difficult time of year. that was all. There was no hope or agenda attached to the message. I genuinely hoped he was ok. I had a huge relapse. but I feel way better this week than I did last week when I thought maybe he was wanting to talk to me and was too chicken after the way he hurt me. I wasn't opening a door with my message as far as I was concerned.

I don't know where I'm going with this...........................the point is I guess...................unless they do something concrete to let you know they want to talk............................there's no point thinking about it!

oh I waffle too much..............:rolleyes:

lately I've been having this nagging / annoying feeling that my ex wants to talk to me...I still don't know why I think he wants to talk with me???

He doesn't. If he did he would call. People are simple, predictable, rather stupid creatures. What you are feeling is actually that you want to talk to him. Which I don't necessarily blame you for; it's hard to separate from someone you've been with.

It's a mistake to project your feelings onto the ex. We have to accept that they're fine without us, as much as it hurts. And then we have to try to catch up. :lmao:

• Author
He doesn't. If he did he would call. People are simple, predictable, rather stupid creatures. What you are feeling is actually that you want to talk to him. Which I don't necessarily blame you for; it's hard to separate from someone you've been with.

It's a mistake to project your feelings onto the ex. We have to accept that they're fine without us, as much as it hurts. And then we have to try to catch up. :lmao:

He can't contact me. I changed my number, blocked his email and he doesn't know where I live. Last time I thought this about him, I was right. Difference between that time and this time, I called him. I'm not calling him this time, I have nothing to say.

If you had the reserve to change your number, then you need to have the reserve to stop thinking about him. And as you point out, you have nothing to say to him, so who cares if he wants to contact you.

C'mon people, let's train our minds to think about happier things than the ex.