Coping for the loss of a pet!

Forget About Her

Forget About Her

The good people here at LS have helped me through some really hard relationship times, and now I'm turning to you find folks for some help with another type of issue, which is similar but different. I bought my puppy when he was 8-weeks old. I've had him for 9 years and he was the most loyal "mans-best-friend" a guy could ask for.

He underwent a very rapid decline the fast few weeks and lost total control of his bowels. He was once a rock solid manly 110 pound rottweiler. He was the most beautiful dog I've ever seen. He rapidly dwindled to a very skinny, unactive dog. He had a hard time walking and would wince when my other dog bumped into him, or if I touched him in the wrong place on his body. I could go on and on, but this is the first loss I've ever experienced like this.

I've broken up with women that I loved, and none of those break-ups compare to the feeling of having to tell the vet I would like to put my dog down. I was just hoping some people could offer some words of advice or enocouragement that will help get me through these tough times. I really appreciate your support guys. Thanks.

oh, honey, you have my sincerest condolences. Loving a pet – and being loved in return – is a lot like living inside a warm, delicious-smelling cake that just makes you feel good whenever you think about it. And it's a relationship that cannot be duplicated ...

your baby trusts you, and I dare say, he knows what this is doing to you to see him hurt. When you do tell the vet your decision, know that it's because of love – not anger or spite or meanness – that you have made this decision, and because you understand that to let him go now is to free him of his earthly pain even though it comes at great personal loss.

jump inside that love he has for you, and you for him, and pull it around you like a warm cozy blanket to savor when you need it most. Because while he might be gone from this plane, the love you have for him – and him for you – does go on.

hugs,

quank

Sometimes letting go is the kindest thing you can do. Though that thought does not help us with missing them day by day. I've been there many times (I take in old, sick cat's and give them a last good couple of years)

This always helps:

May I Go Now?

May I go now?

Do you think the time is right?

May I say goodbye to pain filled days

and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best,

an example tried to be.

So can I take that step beyond

and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,

I fought with all my might.