broke contact after 17 days!!!!

spupwc

ex is seeing someone else, we were together 5 yrs. broke up a month ago. I broke contact today and asked wen she will return some of my things, she was distant at first but we started talking off and on thruout the day with text and her calling 4 times just to bs.. she broke it off with me and this guy pretty much took over of my relationship with her.. she didn't say anything bout him but was telling me alot of things she's been up to lately.. she knows I lov her to death but how can she go from being my bestfriend and lover(husband) to just friends? she use to tell me that I was it, we did have issues with my son and her kids and were on and off alot. does she want me as her back up or wtf is up with her? is she over me that quick? maybe she is just playing with my head I don't know. please help:(

If she left you for someone else, there are two possibilities:

A) Much like my ex, who had a solid month to prepare to break up with me and leave me for another woman, you ex may have also kind of moved on before breaking up, and is now with someone she is happy with. It is less of a rebound than normal, if a rebound at all, because she had time to accept losing you BEFORE the breakup, that way when she did finally end things, she was emotionally ready for the new guy.

B) She broke up with you for her own reasons and found someone to fill the gap left behind. This guy is a rebound, and probably wont last long.

Shes talking to you because she misses you though. Not enough to go back to you, since shes got a new guy to lust after, and if she did want you back, she'd make it obvious, but she misses you enough to want you to talk to her so that she feels better.

My suggestion is go NC and force her to go cold turkey. Make her deal with missing you, rather than talking to her and easing her guild/pain.

ah the patented rebound, my ex cheated on me came back home dumped me, literally the first guy she met at her school shes now in a relationship with him

Hahaha. But you never know, a rebound can still turn into a legitimate relationship. Not always, but once in a blue moon it can. As for me, my ex leaving me for another woman was no rebound, it was him finding someone better tailored for his needs, plain and simple. As much as I hate to admit it, I can easily imagine them dating for several years and having a very loving relationship.

I mean, after any break-up I think you need alone time just to grow a little and learn about yourself. Being on your own really forces you to learn what you like, what you don't like, and how you are around people. None of our ex's will get that really, so thats why rebounds generally fail, but sometimes, just sometimes, they work out.