Needing a little bit of support

Melrapuo

A few days ago I was talking to my friend over the phone, just bull****ting back and forth on stupid stuff. But outta nowhere he asks if I've heard from my ex. I said no, but I've known my friend for a long time. Usually, if he asks that kinda crap, that means something has happened. Now I've stayed away from anything that involves my ex - deleted her off my phone, AIM, stayed away from myspace, whatever. I've done really well with that.

I kept asking my friend tho why he asked it, and he kept saying that it was for no reason. I gave up on that end.

Today I went to a family event at a lakehouse, and my cousin brought up his gf of 6 months. I was in a crappy mood all day, because it reminded me of when I brought my ex up to that same house and all the fun we had. Ugh.

Tonight, I went to hang out with a friend, and as we were at a light I saw a car drive by us. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm kinda certain that it was my ex driving some other guys car. This ruined my night.

I really thought I was getting over things, and now I have this strong urge to look at her myspace. I know it won't solve anything, so I won't do it. But I feel like **** again, and I can't take it anymore. It's like she's out having fun still, and no matter what I do to forget about everything I keep getting reminded somehow. The goodbye letter I e-mailed her didn't do anything at all. Maybe my head is still fighting the idea that we'll never be back together. I'm not sure really. I'm no different of a person than when I was dating her, and yet I feel like there's nothing to live for on some days.

Why do I still feel like crap? I just want this all to be over in my head, but I can't control it. God this sucks.

nickelinadime

I think you have to gadge how much you miss her and how much you still feel for her. I know personally that I'd be very tempted to look at my ex's MySpace or Facebook just to find out her personal situation. Finding out that she's moved on (if she's with another guy) might solidify the thought in your mind that it is, indeed, over. However, the flip side to that is that if she's not with another guy, you might end up trying to fight for her again. Personally, I find that finding out that my ex has a new boyfriend only hurts for so long. Soon enough, it turns into a kick in the ass to get my life started again.

Hope this helps.

watermeloncandy

don't look at her facebook etc.

all it'll do is hurt you.

i've been tempted to look at my ex's to see what other sluts he's added, but why??? it'll only hurt me more.

don't torture yourself. it's not worth it. she's not worth it.

focus on yourself and getting your own shyt together. (easier said than done, if only i'd take my own advice).

i deleted my facebook account so i don't even go into the site anymore.

oh, and i know that my ex joined flings.com...and a really twisted part of me wants to see what his profile looks like maybe make up a fake one and contact him...but i know i'd end up with my head in the toilet and more tears....soooo not worth it....

• Author

O I'm well beyond the whole myspace/facebook thing. When I did have myspace, I used to check her page every day, even though I was trying to move on. Then last week I just deleted my myspace account. I had already unfriended her on both myspace and facebook. I still have my facebook account, but since you can't look at other people's profiles unless you're friends with them, its saved me from looking.

I haven't looked at her profile last week, but the crap my friend was telling me about made me want to check really bad. I'm just telling myself that she has moved on, she already left me for another guy, she led me on for a month, and I decided to stop myself from letting her get to me. She already tried to sleep with a second guy, and that was the moment that made me let go. I dunno, maybe this is a test of my will power. Feeling a bit better though today.