Quick question...

ninjaturtles

ninjaturtles

Just wondering how many people have seen their exes since splitting?

If you have, what did it feel like?

If you have not, (BECAUSE I HAVENT AND I CANNOT HELP WONDERING IF THERE WILL STILL BE ANY CONNECTION ON MY PART ETC)....anyway, if you have not, do you think seeing the ex could make a difference?

Just wondering, as I think it was so much easier for my Ex to move on because we never got to see. We broke up over the phone and have not set eyes on each other ...so basically, the last time we saw each other was when we were still together.

Oh well, just thinking out loud.

There was so much physical attraction between the both of us...Sometimes I wonder if things would be different/would have been different if we had seen each other. Maybe it would not have been so easy to walk away if we kept on bumping into each other...

nowhereman82

Eh, I imagine seeing me has made it easier on her, but we don't live in the same town now, she had to move a half hour away when she left me.

My ex and I used to see each other pretty frequently after we split, and it was like we'd never broken up. The touching, the intimacy, the comfort was all still there, which he was fine with but ultimately made things a lot harder for me to deal with.

When I see him now (2 years later) the attraction is still there, the camraderie etc. but it doesn't hurt as much now that time has passed.

I think its a good idea not to see your ex too much after you break up, it really makes things a lot harder to come to terms with IMO.

Just wondering how many people have seen their exes since splitting?

If you have, what did it feel like?

If you have not, (BECAUSE I HAVENT AND I CANNOT HELP WONDERING IF THERE WILL STILL BE ANY CONNECTION ON MY PART ETC)....anyway, if you have not, do you think seeing the ex could make a difference?

Just wondering, as I think it was so much easier for my Ex to move on because we never got to see. We broke up over the phone and have not set eyes on each other ...so basically, the last time we saw each other was when we were still together.

Oh well, just thinking out loud.

There was so much physical attraction between the both of us...Sometimes I wonder if things would be different/would have been different if we had seen each other. Maybe it would not have been so easy to walk away if we kept on bumping into each other...

I've seen two of my exes since splitting with them, and it really confirmed why we split.

There is a chance I might see the ex I had the worst break up this weekend. We have common interest, and there is a huge convention to celebrate it this wekend. We both acted terribly, so I think we will just ignore each other if we do see each other. There are thousands of people going to this, so I'm thinking it will be ok. Plus my excitement for the convention totally outweighs any worries.

I've seen her a couple times since we broke up. It is great for that couple hours when you're talking, it sems pretty natural, in a way it's like a glass of water to someone dying of thirst.

However, afterwards it is terrible, it's like you've gotta go back to where you were the day after you broke up and deal with it all again.

My EX and I were in a long distance relationship for the last year of our time together so no, we havn't seen each other since and havn't spoken since we cut contact a few weeks after the relationship ended.

One thing that runs through my mind from time to time is what I'd do if I saw her. I have to say, the idea is really frightening. I'd be scared that she'd tell me how much I'd hurt her. I'm scared that I'd show weakness and let on how much ending the relationship had hurt me. I'd be scared I'd fall back in love with her and we'd start making all the same mistakes again.

To demonstrate how un-nerving the idea is, I'll tell you this: I currently live about five hours from her home city (even though she's several states away in grad school). I still head down to that city (where I lived for several years while I was an undergrad) to see friends and sometimes for business. EVERY time I've gone down there since the beak-up, I've always gotten nervouse and wondered, "what if she's visiting and I run into her?" The very first time I went back after the beak-up, I went to visit a friend and his new wife who were moving into a new apartment. As they drove me to their new place, begin to feel panicked as I realized it was right across the street from where her mother lives. On the up side, I'm no longer that freaked out about the city but I still know I'm not ready to see her again which probably should let me know that I havn't totally moved on yet.