"he freaked out because..."

I guess it was removed or renamed, but I recently read a post where someone said, "he freaked out because he could see me being the last girl he was ever with and he ran."

I was just wondering...why would someone be afraid of that? Does anyone here know? When I read it, I just didn't get it. I couldn't make sense of it in my mind.

I guess my question would be about fear, and why anyone, anywhere, would be afraid, or at least "freak out" over the fact that they could see so and so being the last guy/girl they are ever with...why run from that person?

I don't get it!

I've tried to understand why people will run away from someone who they love and loves them so much in return and I have never been able to figure it out.

My ex claimed once that she would drive me away, or leave me because I was so good to her. She alluded to the fact that she didn't love herself and didn't feel deserving or worthy of another's love.... guilt maybe...perhaps she thought she was a bad person.

I don't know. I mean, if you can rationalize it like that and put it into words wouldn't you see how crazy it sounds?

I think there is more to it than that, but unfortunately my ex is a bad example because she really was, and still is, quite disturbed mentally. And I am not just saying that because she left me, or am bitter or anything... even she has no idea what she is thinking.

Sometimes we just have to take things at face value, or accept that we will never understand other's motivations.