new girl showing interest, me still preoccupied with ex

atc2410

I had a very busy easter long weekend socially. Met lots of new people. :)

I met a great girl at a party and we hit it off pretty well. She's very attractive, fun, great dancer, good dresser etc. etc. We ended up spending the day and night together. Since then she's been coming on rather strongly with heaps of texts, compliments and wanting to catch up again.

I guess the purpose of this thread is to get advice regarding how to proceed with new romance when you're still getting over a previous relationship. It's been 5 months since my last relationship ended. We were in contact for two months immediately afterwards followed by no contact for 2 months followed by light contact these past weeks.

As great as the new girl is I have to say I'm not feeling it. Or rather I can see she's a great catch but there's nothing like the excitement and fire from my previous relationship. Unfortunately for me my previous relationship was the love of my life - from the initial meeting and throughout it was one of those fairytale jobs loaded with romance and passion (I'm terrified I'll never feel that again).

I suppose I'll just be up front and explain I'm still pretty fresh out of a previous relationship and will need to take things slow. It would be silly to not go out and have some fun but I'm just extremely mindful of not leading someone on. Of course there's every chance the new girl has no intention of anything serious herself.

Any insight or experience appreciated, thanks. :love:

The old girl is gone.....................

Thus

Get on with the new. Nobody said you had to marry the new squeeze; just be all "steady as she goes" and have a good time. You're over thinkin this.

No Foolin

• Author

Thanks No Foolin (love your work :)). I am certainly over-thinking. I've been thinking about it and my tendencies in past relationships and this time I will try to just enjoy the present and not project into the future. I've always been a relationship guy and have not really been single for any significant amount of time (not a deliberate thing, just how it's always worked out). Friends are urging me to just keep things light and enjoy single life for a while. Feels strange though. Based on the new girl's communications with me so far she seems to be only about fun at the moment anyway.